Bigboy

Athletic careers and custom servers

I have just a few suggestion and request.

one them being as the title says athletic careers. So basically you can work as a sport player in a variety of sports such as basketball football soccer baseball and much more. You'll work your way up fro rookie to a superstar to get paid more. Another spprt might be martial arts loke boxing muay thai bjj and you'll also be able to use this on the street to fight other players.

my next idea is when the players create their own servers they can make custom landscape city and buildings. They can also be able to pick the population of ai in the server easily by just putting numbers in and it will spawn ai randomly or fully customize an ai from its look to properties they own and jobs. The servers can also act as a seperate countrie where you can import drugs of weapons or anything else to make money whether to legally or illegally. Because they are seperate countries you would need to get viza to go there.

also if you add the athletic career maybe you can also add steroids and supllents to help your character get stronger faster.

thats all my ideas for now and i know it's a lot to ask for but you dont have to take any of this ideas it's your choice but thank you anyways for reading this 

Edited by Bigboy

I'm not too sure about the athletic careers but as of now, they haven't said anything about it (only sports to play as fun). If you really want to do them they can always be roleplayed, but that will also require people wanting to pay for tournaments etc.

About the ability to create custom landscapes, I doubt they will add any kind of map editor because of all the things they have to get done first (even tho I would love one).

The AI in the game will be very limited and will only be in certain shops. The only people you will see cruising the streets are players, which is a good thing imo.

The servers being different countries seems possible but there is no need for it since different parties and presidents will be able to choose the laws of the server, and I doubt you will be able to switch server with all your earnings/things.

And I would love to see Steroids in the game. 

Edited by Ubbe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigboy said:

I have just a few suggestion and request.

one them being as the title says athletic careers. So basically you can work as a sport player in a variety of sports such as basketball football soccer baseball and much more. You'll work your way up fro rookie to a superstar to get paid more. Another spprt might be martial arts loke boxing muay thai bjj and you'll also be able to use this on the street to fight other players.

my next idea is when the players create their own servers they can make custom landscape city and buildings. They can also be able to pick the population of ai in the server easily by just putting numbers in and it will spawn ai randomly or fully customize an ai from its look to properties they own and jobs. The servers can also act as a seperate countrie where you can import drugs of weapons or anything else to make money whether to legally or illegally. Because they are seperate countries you would need to get viza to go there.

also if you add the athletic career maybe you can also add steroids and supllents to help your character get stronger faster.

thats all my ideas for now and i know it's a lot to ask for but you dont have to take any of this ideas it's your choice but thank you anyways for reading this 

Firstly: Soccer is Football firstly. because the sport is English and named Football. Secondly They said that sports are not like paid jobs, they are for you to play with friends and such.

Secondly: No there is no custom landscape scheduled for servers, but they will think about modding in the future after full release. 

Please use the search function as people have asked about custom maps before. Also if you want to read the FAQ and the FAQ Extended as they are also useful.

The viza thing is a nice idea but it would be a passport stamp. if they add another island it would be a DLC (which you have to buy) and so those who have it, it will just be like a passport stamp in there passport

Edited by JamesLuck01
Added more stuff

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Firstly: Soccer is Football firstly. because the sport is English and named Football. Secondly They said that sports are not like paid jobs, they are for you to play with friends and such.

Secondly: No there is no custom landscape scheduled for servers, but they will think about modding in the future after full release. 

Please use the search function as people have asked about custom maps before. Also if you want to read the FAQ and the FAQ Extended as they are also useful.

In America, Soccer and Football are two different things. As an American, to me, Soccer is Soccer and Football is Football. Feel free to call it whatever you want but please don't suggest we're saying wrong because it's different in our culture. No disrespect intended, I just think that was a little uncalled for. 

29 minutes ago, Clickerita said:

In America, Soccer and Football are two different things. As an American, to me, Soccer is Soccer and Football is Football. Feel free to call it whatever you want but please don't suggest we're saying wrong because it's different in our culture. No disrespect intended, I just think that was a little uncalled for. 

Read the other stuff and also "your football is running with the ball in your hands" which is not "Football" xD I just hate it when people are using it another English word "Soccer" to re-name a English "Sport" , but I get you call it soccer. Also Football was around before your "American Football"

Edited by JamesLuck01
Removed the right part

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Read the other stuff and also "your football is running with the ball in your hands" which is not "Football" xD I just hate it when people are using it another English word "Soccer" to re-name a English "Sport" so really I am right, but I get you call it soccer. Also Football was around before your "American Football"

I never said you were wrong about it being an "English" sport before we re-named it, did I? Attacking what we call sports in America would be like me attacking how the English call Cigarettes, "fags" etc... It's silly and inconsiderate to push aside our American culture and way of saying things. Right or wrong in your mind doesn't matter here. What matters is that you understand that people have the freedom/SHOULD have the freedom here to call things as they are in their relative culture, and just because the English have a different name for Soccer doesn't make it okay/right to jump down our throats about calling it the name we've all grown up with, in our own country. 

Tomatoes/Tomatoes... Still the same thing. I usually don't like getting in to stuff like this but asserting that someone is wrong based on cultural terms is rude imo. 

This is a forum where people of different nationalities will inevitably get together. Don't you want everyone to feel welcome? It seems that you do, based on all your helpful posts. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Read the other stuff and also "your football is running with the ball in your hands" which is not "Football" xD I just hate it when people are using it another English word "Soccer" to re-name a English "Sport" , but I get you call it soccer. Also Football was around before your "American Football"

Also, not saying yours wasn't first. But American football was created well over 200 years ago. Like Clickerita said, don't bash on our culture because we don't do it to you. We like our tea cold. We have our football. We call tv shows seasons. Although we're completely different in some cases we're all the same. ??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Also, not saying yours wasn't first. But American football was created well over 200 years ago. Like Clickerita said, don't bash on our culture because we don't do it to you. We like our tea cold. We have our football. We call tv shows seasons. Although we're completely different in some cases we're all the same. ??

I already messaged @Clickerita with a pm apologising and explaining how I get carried away with the differences. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I actually drink hot tea with cream and sugar xD

But back to the topic.... I can see small scale tournies being made if we're given a ball and an open field somewhere 

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I already messaged @Clickerita with a pm apologising and explaining how I get carried away with the differences. 

And I get super heated about cultural stuff... I live in Chicago where we're kinda plagued by cultures fighting with others and each other... so living it everyday and seeing how it ends up in tragedy a lot of the time really gets me passionate. 

I'm glad we can have civil debates here though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clickerita said:

I actually drink hot tea with cream and sugar xD

But back to the topic.... I can see small scale tournies being made if we're given a ball and an open field somewhere 

Posh man xD

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Posh man xD

Yeah my husband doesn't get it but I can't live without it lol

6 minutes ago, Bigboy said:

Thanks for the comments 

Sorry it got derailed a bit. 

• Like 1

Great to see many different cultures! And sports and name for sports. :-P 

I think the options for careers / jobs are so endless... probably they can not make them all? Maybe in time more well be added? 

Hope to see a job/ career list from the developers that would be very cool. 

@Bigboy when reading your bit about your ideas I started thinking what if one community wanted a more peaceful way of living = less crime. Would it be able to set settings for more cops on the server? And how will that go? How far can you customize a server if you wanted to? 

On 2 September 2016 at 3:04 AM, Profender said:

@Bigboy when reading your bit about your ideas I started thinking what if one community wanted a more peaceful way of living = less crime. Would it be able to set settings for more cops on the server? And how will that go? How far can you customize a server if you wanted to? 

Tabout the being able to set more cops in the setting would be brilliant but also impossible because apperently there will be no npc in the game except for a couple of shops so that means that the cops has to be players and we cant control what the players want to do

• Like 1

On 15/09/2016 at 8:11 AM, Profender said:

@Bigboy Yeah indeed, but there could be more police jobs / careers available at least. And then it is up to us the people of course.

Technically you cannot "Limit" criminals because the criminals are just normal civilians committing crimes. 

On 14/09/2016 at 1:52 PM, Bigboy said:

Tabout the being able to set more cops in the setting would be brilliant but also impossible because apperently there will be no npc in the game except for a couple of shops so that means that the cops has to be players and we cant control what the players want to do

Indeed that's a good thing that the cops are players not shit AI because well will be wanted but the cops won't know your location or what you look like either. Also no retarded AI driving into you randomly and if it were AI police then most of the things you do that are in front of a cop will not get you punished. example: If you speed, not stop at a red light. It makes the game more immersive with player cops instead of shitty AI.

@JamesLuck01 No never said anything about limiting criminals or that would be possible, I said you can at least make more police careers available. Just about options you can have within the server then thus the community. 

1 hour ago, Profender said:

@JamesLuck01 No never said anything about limiting criminals or that would be possible, I said you can at least make more police careers available. Just about options you can have within the server then thus the community. 

Ok, well I agree there but at the same time when the developers put a poll on their twitter; "What do you want to be?" (3 choices) 1. Police/government 2. Criminal and 3. Civilian basically there was a bigger % on police/ government than criminal and more civilian/ roughly same as police/ government.

So its fairly balanced out to be honest, but there should have been more options like "I want to try everything eventually" but balanced.

• Like 1

I think that setting the amount of jobs in a server would go against the game core, which is freedom to be who you want to be (Identity). And in my opinion theres no need, since as it was said, the poll was actually very balanced.