ChillBilly

Local Government Org Chart

Hey guys. Just sharing with you an example of what a local government could look like.

Now what we are looking at in the photo is a basic political structure backing the various public services. This is based at the local government level, better known as a town or city. The police and EMS / Fire, are not elected officials in this Org Chart, just examples for all intents and purposes. The department of transportation would be a local DOT, specifically charged with the task of overseeing transportation matters. It should fall under commerce.

orgchartlocal.PNG.20155df7bf4cc32e83a173

Open for Questions.

Edited by ChillBilly

@ChillBilly

I was thinking over this; how will it work between different servers? 

I mean if you had say 6 people in a government position, those aren't going to be the same 6 people on a different server. 

• Like 1

No of course not. This chart doesn't necessarily represent how things are or how they are going to be either. It's just how they could be.

Well actually there are a few jobs in the community that are considered "out of game" jobs. So let's say you had 2 servers, the 7 player government could easily govern the two servers.

There is role play, then actual work.

• Like 1

You just need to find the right person. I managed to spread my club across all server nations. If you find the right person, they may want to create a government organisation that will too spread across different servers 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Herzog

That's something that needs to happen. We should find people that could create a government organisation.

They will come. There are some people that are only interested in out of game jobs. Take me for example, I like managing systems, building them and making them work. I work well with negative feedback. I work even better with positive feedback. The hardest thing for someone to realize is that most legal system jobs were out of game jobs, solely because there is no time to manage the system and play the game. If you did both you would stress out very easily.

Life servers, and life games are very dependent on players that are willing to sacrifice game time for system work. All you really have to do is facilitate a community, your members will come on their own.

@ChillBilly

Back at it again with the useful information. I suppose we have to wait until its closer to release date to find people who will help make the government. 

3 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@ChillBilly

Back at it again with the useful information. I suppose we have to wait until its closer to release date to find people who will help make the government. 

I expect there will be 3 major communities spring from release. These communities will have the majority of player streamers. Where the streamers are, will be where your good role players are. I am hoping that this creates a new community versus the same old Arma 3 Community, but it is what it is. Arma 3 is the major source of players for this game. We're all friends.. so to speak. We may hate each other in game, but the simple fact of the matter is, we all have Arma 3 in common.

9 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@ChillBilly

A while back you told me if your streamer friends; will they be playing this game when it comes out?

I have spoken to several of my streamer friends. From what I have gathered many are interested, however without a release date in mind nothing is certain. Streamers work off of what is popular at the time. Currently, there is no real dominant game that is taking over, we are in another revolution. That means that most streamers are moving to fall back games until the next community arises worthy of their time.

How it usually goes, An Arma 3 community is born. Streamers populate it. They stream new stories for usually about a year. The community makes poor decisions, streamers leave. Or things get stale and streamers leave. When the streamers leave, the content leaves, therefore the general players leave.

Now naturally, reign of kings and ARK are fallback games. So they will go to either for the role play.

It's a revolving door so to speak. Streamers go where their audiences want them to go. Their audiences get to play with the streamers. When the streamers decide to leave, their audience goes with them, and their audience chooses the next game. This goes round and round.

4 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

What a brutal cycle. 

I know right? I was talking to MoTown on this very subject today. Wouldn't it be great to get a Beta release during one of these revolutions?

I'm not sure. We could possibly get updates from the devs, share them and hype up a release, it would sure to make some waves.