Sign in to follow this  
ChillBilly

Investment System (That Works)

Hello everyone,

I am adding yet another guide that I have written in the past that will help you with making stock or business trading. This system has been tested and actually does work with little to no interaction from staff of a server, and has little to do with the actual game economy. This also coincides with my other guide for a business model found here: http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/1760-business-system/

----

Business Stock Market Guide

It is the objective of this guide to provide a clear view into business trading. The math is easy in the guide for a reason. This guide allows you to conduct business trading with little to no staff interaction or economic changes to the server.

Example:

Business A, sets a market value or valuation of $100,000. This means that the company makes $100,000 per in game session. A share of the company is worth .001% of the company in other words 1 dollar, whereas 100 shares of the company is worth 1% and in other words is an investment of $1,000.

Should someone invest $1,000 into a single game period the market value of that company goes up to $101,000, this increases the value of the company, but lowers the amount of shares. A smart investor would buy when the company has a large amount of shares and a low cost, and then would sell the shares of that company to make the return OR the investor could collect a percentage from the game period's profits.

Investments can carry over to other game sessions.

So if "Investor A" was to invest $1,000 or 1% into a company worth $100,000, the market value of the company would increase to $101,000, The next investor that wishes to buy 1% of that company will have to pay $1,010 for the 1% share of the company. "Investor B" Invests $50,000 into the company at the rate of $1,010 per 100 shares of the company. This increases the value of the company to approximately $150,000. "Investor A" Decides to sell his or her 1% of the company for the return of $1,500, and a profit of $500, while the net value of the share only lowers to $1,490.

-----------

What makes this a working system is that it requires no staff interaction to setup and use. It only requires the agreement of the businesses involved and of course lawyers and what not.

This fuels a market fraud charge.

----------

Should you have any questions, or anything you would like to add to the guide, please leave a comment.

• Like 3

That is some impressive marketing skills you have. Why not create your own marketing advice company? Or a shares business? I was thinking of investing, and you have helped me greatly. Thank you for this guide :) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

That is some impressive marketing skills you have. Why not create your own marketing advice company? Or a shares business? I was thinking of investing, and you have helped me greatly. Thank you for this guide :) 

Sounds interesting. I enjoy making systems, rather I enjoy making systems that work and help players. I might look into finalizing this system on a server of my own, then perhaps sharing it with other servers. Ultimately anything I make is free to the community to use, however I cannot manage them all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@ChillBilly 

You sound very generous, you don't get that a lot around here.  You should finalize it, it could be extremely helpful, like you said. 

It has been tested in Arma 3, I will have to wait until the Beta to test it in Identity. Perhaps then I can work on some other ideas I had. I will be posting a few other systems today throughout the forum. It's important to remember that all of these have been tested in Arma 3 life, 90% of our audience. However, they have not been tested in Identity, which could prove to be a challenge.

5 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

It has been tested in Arma 3, I will have to wait until the Beta to test it in Identity. Perhaps then I can work on some other ideas I had. I will be posting a few other systems today throughout the forum. It's important to remember that all of these have been tested in Arma 3 life, 90% of our audience. However, they have not been tested in Identity, which could prove to be a challenge.

Honestly, I think that due to the demographic being 90% of Arma 3 life people, that new 10% (like myself) might actually help. Or maybe not, I don't know. Also, the devs that are working on Identity are making it a player driven market, meaning your systems might actually be easier to implement then what they were in Arma 3 Life. But I wouldn't really know as I have not played Life mod. 

Edited by AndrewDonaldson
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

Honestly, I think that due to the demographic being 90% of Arma 3 life people, that new 10% (like myself) might actually help. Or maybe not, I don't know. Also, the devs that are working on Identity are making it a player driven market, meaning your systems might actually be easier to implement then what they were in Arma 3 Life. But I wouldn't really know as I have not played Life mod. 

The problem with Arma 3 Players is that they are Arma 3 players. They will come in the game with expectations, and if their expectations are not met or fall short, they will complain until the cows come home. However, if their expectations are exceeded, they will be insanely loyal to whomever and whatever exceeds their expectations. I guess you could say this about any group of gamers, yet knowing we are dealing with a predominately Arma 3 community it's hard to say what their reaction to "actual" structure is going to be. They may find it limiting or they may find it comforting.

Many a community has tried to corral that of the Arma 3 Community. I am sure you have heard the expression "Hearts and Minds." If you control their hearts and minds, you control the population. The servers themselves need to cater to that of the streamers that support Arma 3 to succeed. It's an unfortunate thing, but it is what it is. The streamers determine the next popular server.

Edited by ChillBilly
Replaced Game with Servers

@ChillBilly

'The game itself needs to cater to that of streamers...'? Like what? And, like I said, I don't know what the Arma 3 population is like. How many Arma 3 people do you think you could get to become loyal to Identity?

• Like 1

@ChillBilly

'The game itself needs to cater to that of streamers...'? Like what? And, like I said, I don't know what the Arma 3 population is like. How many Arma 3 people do you think you could get to become loyal to Identity?

Sorry I misspoke, I've since edited that to the servers of identity. Streamers must be given a certain amount of leeway and shorter advancement. I invited 300 to the forums yesterday. Many had no idea it existed. I was bombarded with IMs for about an hour.

@ChillBilly

You invited 300? Goddamn dude, what do you do outside of these forums? Do you run your own Arma 3 life server or something? Could you possibly give me an example of what you mean with the streamers?

• Like 1

@ChillBilly

You invited 300? Goddamn dude, what do you do outside of these forums? Do you run your own Arma 3 life server or something? Could you possibly give me an example of what you mean with the streamers?

Sure. Here are a few for you to look at. These streamers are what we in the Arma 3 community consider "Power Role Players." A long time friend Timmac, met him in Arma 3, been friends for years. www.twitch.tv/timmac. Another would be another long time friend I have met in role play, Ming Jingtai, otherwise known as MrBong011, his twitch is www.twitch.tv/MrBong011. There are several others that I cannot think of their twitch stream names, but just google Robert Walkins, Dougal McGuire, Liam Williams, Gee Famous, Joey Balsedepe.

As for me. I am Allen Camel. I know everyone, and everyone knows me. I am not a streamer, but I do YouTube. www.youtube.com/chillbillysauce. Take a look at my Arma 3 footage.

We take role play to the next level. There are some that are power role players and others that are not.

Now if we could get that built into a system like a google spreadsheet then get every company to list. We could have something. I'm also working with a finance company that planning on running an incubator program for other companies.

• Like 1