Qrenco

AMD and Identity

Hello guys. I wanted to ask you something.

If a developer or a mod answers this it will be apreciated but im sure you guys are occupied with other stuff so if you cant it does not matter.

I used to play the game SQUAD on steam , but i stopped because of one thing , performance. I have an amd based computer and the game runs like crap. What does squad have to do with identity? well , they are both made in the unreal 4 engine. I've read that the unreal 4 eninge has lots of problems with the AMD processors , especially the FX line which is the one i have right now. But i may be very wrong , this is why im asking :S

Do you guys think that i will experience problems when identity comes out?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Is SQUAD the only game you have that runs on the Unreal 4 engine? The reason I ask is that I saw a tweet stating that if you can run ARK then your computer should be fine, at the moment ARK: Survival Of The Fittest is a free to play game so you could always download that to see if you still have issues or whether it is SQUAD that is the problem?

Just a thought :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Is SQUAD the only game you have that runs on the Unreal 4 engine? The reason I ask is that I saw a tweet stating that if you can run ARK then your computer should be fine, at the moment ARK: Survival Of The Fittest is a free to play game so you could always download that to see if you still have issues or whether it is SQUAD that is the problem?

Just a thought :) 

I will try that game later. Thanks for the advice. I hope i can run identity with no problems , im looking forward to play :(

Same here man, I only came across the game yesterday but my hype level is off the charts lol :P 

Let me know how you get on, would be interested to know if it was just SQUAD.

18 minutes ago, Qrenco said:

I will try that game later. Thanks for the advice. I hope i can run identity with no problems , im looking forward to play :(

If you cant run ARK, I suggest that you get a graphics card equivalent to the GTX 770 or above and that should good enough to run Identity but don't quote me on that. (Maybe just buy the GTX 1080) then you will definately have no problems running anything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If you cant run ARK, I suggest that you get a graphics card equivalent to the GTX 770 or above and that should good enough to run Identity but don't quote me on that. (Maybe just buy the GTX 1080) then you will definately have no problems running anything.

FX 8350 8GB of ram and R9 380 4GB are enough for running ark decently. But im not sure what will happen because of the engine. I hope its just a problem with squad.

Edited by Qrenco

2 hours ago, Qrenco said:

FX 8350 8GB of ram and R9 380 4GB are enough for running ark decently. But im not sure what will happen because of the engine. I hope its just a problem with squad.

Well does it give you problems on ark? if not then it should be fine.

I can run ark survival of the fittest with medium graphics gtx 750 amd fx 6300 but lower then mine I could rarely say it would work but I suggest the 1080 or 1070

Edited by LionKingGamer

2 hours ago, Edward said:

Well I have two Titan X I think I'm okay xD

You should sell one and buy the 1080 as its cheaper and better than the ttitan x.

Make sure to keep your PC (& components) clean, dusty video cards will slow your performance etc.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2016 at 4:26 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

My GTX 760 runs ARK beautifully. So a 770 should do the job. :D

5 minutes ago, Doc_Rogers said:

My GTX 760 runs ARK beautifully. So a 770 should do the job. :D

Well I change my mind I say just buy the "GTX 1080" which is 3x the Titan performance and will guaruntee running anything for the next 5 years.

Edited by JamesLuck01