Sign in to follow this  
KillerRoo

Servers

How exactly is this going to work? 

Will people be allowed to rent servers and change a couple settings? To what extent and what settings can be changed? Will server admins be able to ban, kick, mute, give money, etc?

Will server owners be able to offer money rewards and such for donations?

If you buy the VIP pack and what not it states that you gain in-game money, but does that only work on official servers? or all private servers? 

Next to the official Identity/Asylum servers, there will be private servers, owned by people, who wish to lead their own community. I don't know, how much they can change around the script. The only thing, I read was, that server owners can change, what your character drops by death. But I'm pretty sure, that admins will be able to ban, kick, mute and all that stuff.

I can't answer you the rest. 

Since all official servers are going to have one database, and each private server will have its own, its likely that your money will only carry over between official servers.

53 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Since all official servers are going to have one database, and each private server will have its own, its likely that your money will only carry over between official servers.

SO it'll be kinda like the old DayZ mod servers? You have official servers that share databases and then you have community servers with only 1 data base? That does sound like the best way to do it.

I think, that's pretty much how it will and should work. However, I'd love private server owners, maybe whitelisted ones to work or at least communicate with the official server owners. 

13 hours ago, KillerRoo said:

How exactly is this going to work? 

Will people be allowed to rent servers and change a couple settings? To what extent and what settings can be changed? Will server admins be able to ban, kick, mute, give money, etc?

Will server owners be able to offer money rewards and such for donations?

If you buy the VIP pack and what not it states that you gain in-game money, but does that only work on official servers? or all private servers? 

The devs said that you will be able change nearly all settings with your private server. So it will mean you can make the earning money extremely hard or extremely easy. They have not mentioned whether or not private server owners could give money for donators but I am going to guess it will be a feature with giving money, cars, apartments and accessories.

When the price for a private server isn't too high, i'd like to create a server in my own language (Dutch) and no PvP and crimes if it can be turned off. I think i'd like the game more without the risk of being killed or robbed. And i'm wondering if the owners can cheat in stuff, if that's possible it will hard for me to keep my hands of the cheating stuff.

On 05/05/2016 at 3:33 PM, ZoMilan said:

When the price for a private server isn't too high, i'd like to create a server in my own language (Dutch) and no PvP and crimes if it can be turned off. I think i'd like the game more without the risk of being killed or robbed. And i'm wondering if the owners can cheat in stuff, if that's possible it will hard for me to keep my hands of the cheating stuff.

No crimes or pvp? what ould be the point of being a police officer? or a criminal? because thats what your essentially removing the 2 biggest part of the game.