Sign in to follow this  
Frisky

After all this time... that is the character customization

23 minutes ago, Nonala said:

They seems to have a bit of issue resource and time management and handling customer service and constructive criticism but it is their game creation, and getting their code together for structure optimization, server, database, rendering, then there's the security input issues, coming from ArmaA modding to full programming for a customized game with unreal engine is tough, all has to work and play off eachother to run a cohesive program, but all people can do after a mishap is take responsibility, move on, learn, and fix the mistakes, because I'd rather they improved than fail seeing as I bought their game. Games are a business but while it good to have passion about something gotta consider a balance between staying afloat and accomplishing purpose.

fair point

I find humor in occurrences where I probably shouldn't like the fact that the window is still titled ShooterGame on release, but I do respect other people for putting effort into making something that they're passionate about and attempting to at least improve enough to deliver what they'll eventually promise in the future. For me functionality > advanced graphics. I'm one of those nostalgic players that prefers dated graphics over super realistically rendered graphics. Decent graphics are enough for me and there is a style that's almost unique and appealing to niche categories. Games don't have to be realistic looking it could just be appealing stylistically with a focus on either characters, stories, community, or gameplay.

Edited by Nonala

2 minutes ago, Nonala said:

I find humor in occurrences where I probably shouldn't like the fact that the window is still titled ShooterGame on release, but I do respect other people for putting effort into making something that they're passionate about and attempting to at least improve enough to deliver what they'll eventually promise in the future. For me functionality > advanced graphics. I'm one of those nostalgic players that prefers dated graphics over super realistically rendered graphics. Decent graphics are enough for me and there is a style that's almost unique and appealing to niche categories. Games don't have to be realistic looking it could just be appealing stylistically with a focus on either characters, stories, community, or gameplay.

To be fair, Ark is still called ShooterGame too. It's just the default name in Unreal for new projects. 

4 minutes ago, patrick68794 said:

To be fair, Ark is still called ShooterGame too. It's just the default name in Unreal for new projects. 

Ark turned out to be good. If I remember, they had issues at launch too but they probably had the experience and training to deal with programming structure and design at a more in depth level, though I do not know much about Ark it is a popular game and polished enough to release judging from the videos of people playing it.

Edited by Nonala

4 minutes ago, Nonala said:

Ark turned out to be good. If I remember, they had issues at launch too but they probably had the experience and training to deal with programming structure and design at a more in depth level, though I do not know much about Ark it is a popular game and polished enough to release judging from the videos of people playing it.

Im so glad i got ark for 15 bucks. Turned out to be a masterpiece and still is going strong. havent played in a long time but the time I spent it was great. Who can hate being in a world of amazing looking dino's

Just now, Frisky said:

Im so glad i got ark for 15 bucks. Turned out to be a masterpiece and still is going strong. havent played in a long time but the time I spent it was great. Who can hate being in a world of amazing looking dino's

Ark is a fundementaly good game but dinosaur gameplay isn't necessarily for everyone.

1 minute ago, Aec34991 said:

has anyone got in ?????

Nope only was able to create my character "Create" used loosely with how few actual options there are.

Just now, Nonala said:

Ark is a fundementaly good game but dinosaur gameplay isn't necessarily for everyone.

True very true

I oddly liked Turok though a

1 minute ago, Frisky said:

True very true

The only dinosaur games I liked were Turok and Dino Crisis because of either the single player or story immersion.

2 minutes ago, Nonala said:

I oddly liked Turok though a

The only dinosaur games I liked were Turok and Dino Crisis because of either the single player or story immersion.

Fair, Honestly i am a huge fan of open world do what ya want kind of games and i love dinos so it hit both aspects for me.

lol, should have started with cops vs robbers like Asylum Altis life like I suggested years ago. 

All we wanted was Asylum Altis copy on new engine thats it no need to reinvent the wheel but oh well. 

I am not one to usually complain, but I have to admit, I felt my excitement drain a bit while designing my character. It was extremely limited. I have faith that this will be improved, and is only temporary, but it still hurts a bit. No long hair? Really? I assume this is a hair style we'll get to grab, but I didn't think that getting a good base human would cost effort. It feels like I might have to work to make myself, rather than work to give myself luxuries and comforts.

16 minutes ago, Order said:

I am not one to usually complain, but I have to admit, I felt my excitement drain a bit while designing my character. It was extremely limited. I have faith that this will be improved, and is only temporary, but it still hurts a bit. No long hair? Really? I assume this is a hair style we'll get to grab, but I didn't think that getting a good base human would cost effort. It feels like I might have to work to make myself, rather than work to give myself luxuries and comforts.

Who said it was temporary and that they will update the character creation? Lol took them 4 years to even get that i doubt they will worry about the character creation at all from here on out probs only with put out store items you can wear. Devs just did a shit job

1 hour ago, Frisky said:

Who said it was temporary and that they will update the character creation? Lol took them 4 years to even get that i doubt they will worry about the character creation at all from here on out probs only with put out store items you can wear. Devs just did a shit job

I say it is temporary because it's glitchy, we are displeased, and this clearly isn't the scope of what the game fully intends to bring us. If the consumer is dissatisfied, and there are clear issues that can be resolved, I see no reason to believe Asylum will turn a blind eye. They only have things to gain by improving this system. And this is only a beta. If this was the full game, your point would hold more merit. I don't believe customization was their top priority; that would most likely go towards stability and gameplay. Perhaps they figured this would be acceptable long enough to get groundwork in.

I don't like it, but I sincerely believe there are more reasons for why this system is in place other than, to reword your phrase, they did a bad job. I apologize if I sound harsh, I am just trying to reaffirm my stance.

43 minutes ago, Order said:

I say it is temporary because it's glitchy, we are displeased, and this clearly isn't the scope of what the game fully intends to bring us. If the consumer is dissatisfied, and there are clear issues that can be resolved, I see no reason to believe Asylum will turn a blind eye. They only have things to gain by improving this system. And this is only a beta. If this was the full game, your point would hold more merit. I don't believe customization was their top priority; that would most likely go towards stability and gameplay. Perhaps they figured this would be acceptable long enough to get groundwork in.

I don't like it, but I sincerely believe there are more reasons for why this system is in place other than, to reword your phrase, they did a bad job. I apologize if I sound harsh, I am just trying to reaffirm my stance.

Im just severely displeased with it because they bragged a ton and showed of their vast customization a lot... saying how great it was... when it is plain awful. That is why it is just pathetic in my eyes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frisky said:

Im just severely displeased with it because they bragged a ton and showed of their vast customization a lot... saying how great it was... when it is plain awful. That is why it is just pathetic in my eyes. 

And by no means do I believe you are wrong to feel that way. I may not be as upset as you, but I too am not pleased. I just want to remain hopeful things will be righted soon enough. : )

2 hours ago, Order said:

And by no means do I believe you are wrong to feel that way. I may not be as upset as you, but I too am not pleased. I just want to remain hopeful things will be righted soon enough. : )

I feel ya