Sign in to follow this  
Edikosh

About the staff who made this module

On 11/17/2018 at 12:37 AM, LordBenji said:

Depends which video you're talking about. For example, the crime video was featuring a lot of placeholders which some were very outdated. Worry not, those will be replaced. As for the Town Square videos, it doesn't look that bad in my opinion. I've seen videos of a few games in development where they focused on the graphics but had very poor game optimization and several bugs.

Im talking about any of the TS videos of gameplay that are out on youtube, I wasnt referring to the crime video at all. Yeah that had a lot of placeholders and I get that. But the actual videos of people playing TS etc, it just looks like a poor engine, clunky animations etc.

And do not worry, I shall not be investing a single cent more into this game. I got the cheapest possible option to play this epic beta when its out. I almost went for an upgraded package, and thank god I didnt! Anyone who invested in a car is going to be very disappointed, I don't think they will ever make it to the game before it crumbles. I wonder if they will get a refund tho? I would assume so as content promised to them wont have been delivered?

10 hours ago, wiebley said:

But the actual videos of people playing TS etc, it just looks like a poor engine, clunky animations etc.

The two first streams were from June, then there was the most recent gameplay stream from dasMEHDI in October. As for the engine, they're using a heavily modified UE4. Animations will be fixed at a later time since they're not their top priority. Fun fact, they'll keep the weird jumping animation for now. But it's pretty obvious some people will be upset because it doesn't visually meet their expectation. It's not even beta... But more like an early development sort of like alpha.

10 hours ago, wiebley said:

Anyone who invested in a car is going to be very disappointed, I don't think they will ever make it to the game before it crumbles. I wonder if they will get a refund tho? I would assume so as content promised to them wont have been delivered?

Cars will make an appearance in the Racing module. There's also a possibility that in a future update of Town Square that you'll be able to visit your garage to check out your car, but you won't be able to drive it until module 3 and later.

As for refunds, you'll have to go through PayPal for now. So if it's been too long, chances are that it won't be possible to get a refund. When pledging into a crowdfunded game in early development, you acknowledge to the risks, delays and drawbacks that it might encounter. Some rewards will take more time to be delivered than others obviously. And some of them won't be available until beta/full release.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, LordBenji said:

It's not even beta... But more like an early development sort of like alpha..

Okay so the truth is that Identity's development didn't begin in 2014. Case closed. I'm actually glad to hear that. I was worried about what you have done in 4 years. But if this was like 1 or 2 years job, then it's not that bad. I will still keep an eye on this game although Town Square won't provide gameplay.

37 minutes ago, Edikosh said:

Okay so the truth is that Identity's development didn't begin in 2014. Case closed. I'm actually glad to hear that. I was worried about what you have done in 4 years. But if this was like 1 or 2 years job, then it's not that bad. I will still keep an eye on this game although Town Square won't provide gameplay.

Fact is, Kickstarter started in 2015, and development started around that time, which means it's about 3 years in development.

I wasn't there at that time though, I only pledged back at the end of 2016, joined forum on 2017, and started being active in 2018.

13 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Fact is, Kickstarter started in 2015, and development started around that time, which means it's about 3 years in development.

I wasn't there at that time though, I only pledged back at the end of 2016, joined forum on 2017, and started being active in 2018.

So logically, it took some time to settle in. I almost forgot that KS project started in 2015, I remember reading one post around Q4 2014. Either way, the thing that I feel Aslyum did wrong was priorities. But that's a really subjective opinion. I would have preferred to see some gameplay content rather than design stuff and character customization. Like economy, legal organizations. I remember the first time I heard about Town Square, I thought it would contain like a "civilian pack roleplay" which would have been nice.