Viking

Airport

I heard that devs are planning to put some airports in Identity, ok, maybe there will be impossible to have your own helicopter or plane, but what if we just could take the plane from one side of the island to another, since we know that the island will be 225 km2 and it's not so small. For sure it's your choice to go by car or bike to your destiny point, but still, imagine you want to go faster, In Real Life it happens so why not in Identity? Like buying a plane ticket and saving your precious time.

Let me know what you think ! 

And if you think it would be cool, leave a like ! ;) 

• Like 1

Tbh I think airports will be a good addition even without aircraft. It could be a server wide spawn for fresh spawns giving the illusion that you just got off the plane and are ready for a new life on the island 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Herzog said:

Tbh I think airports will be a good addition even without aircraft. It could be a server wide spawn for fresh spawns giving the illusion that you just got off the plane and are ready for a new life on the island 

@Herzog IRL have you already seen an airport without aircraft? I don't think so..

Your idea is nice, but imagine there are no planes at the airport - it would be strange since you know that you landed by plane to "Identity Island", and if there were planes - but you can't jump in to go somewhere, it would suck too. 

The planes could just be a transport like buses or taxis, nothing more. :)

The Devs stated no planes for a good reason, they dont want to make the island feel small and they want players to interact with each other, but they stated that they are thinking about a possibility of adding they at a later time after release.

Also you come in from a train, when you first start out.

• Like 2