DrFelixPhD

"Like Limit"?

Hey all,

I find it slightly odd that the forums include a sort of "like limiter", that means that a profile can only like 10 posts per day. I understand that while it can induce spam, I reckon an increased limit of perhaps 15 or 20 would be more appropriate - 10 just simply isn't enough :L

Any thoughts?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

19 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Hey all,

I find it slightly odd that the forums include a sort of "like limiter", that means that a profile can only like 10 posts per day. I understand that while it can induce spam, I reckon an increased limit of perhaps 15 or 20 would be more appropriate - 10 just simply isn't enough :L

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I liked this post. ;)

yes and no i s'pose. guess it depends on how valuable a like is. you kinda have to think if a like litiraly means "yup i read that post cool ima like" then your gona need alot. if its some valuable thing you can only give a serten amount of then a like is something big, that you dont recive often

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jabba_the_slut said:

yes and no i s'pose. guess it depends on how valuable a like is. you kinda have to think if a like litiraly means "yup i read that post cool ima like" then your gona need alot. if its some valuable thing you can only give a serten amount of then a like is something big, that you dont recive often

I guess it's always gonna mean different things to different people :L

They might limit it to reduce server load or to decrease the amount of calls to the database. Not a bad idea, if you have many users on a site.

2 hours ago, Jumes said:

They might limit it to reduce server load or to decrease the amount of calls to the database. Not a bad idea, if you have many users on a site.

Perhaps - but I reckon even this server isn't going to receiving enough likes to justify a system like that. Especially if it can handle the amount of images that it already does.

• Like 1

I believe the Like system is tied-in with the Reputation system. By adding a Like to a post, you are adding +1 reputation to the author's account.

Leaving a reaction can add or subtract from your reputation as well. When you have no reputation left, you might be blocked from adding another Like.

This is the way this forum works. I believe we have left the rep system alone for a long time... if the community thinks that Likes should be free to give and receive, we should find out.