Sign in to follow this  
Danthecancerman

Discharge Reports for police

I have been thinking about the realism bases of the game. I think that on top of the paperwork I would assume needs to be filed for a porper police report, it would be interesting to have a discharge report. The discharge report will keep track of how much you fire your weapon and for what reasons. If you are found firing your weapon for no reason or too much, you could face penalty. Obvioulsy for things such as a armed roberry or a shootout, the ammount of bullets fired will not need to be calculated, but it will still need to be filed. The format should be something like this:

Officer Name: 

Badge #:

Situation:

Suspect Name:

Weapon Discharged:

Amount of Times Discharged

Reason:

Situation Account:

An example of this would be:

Officer Name: Officer Sexton

Badge #: 181A

Situation: Two armed robbers robbing the vault.

Suspect(s) Name: Adam Jones, Lukas Monroe

Weapon Discharged: M4A1, MP11  (Or whatever guns we will have)

Amount of Times Discharged:  N/A

Reason: Suspects had fired multiple shots at police from their assault weapon, later identified to be two Ak47's

Situation Account: I was called in by dispatch at approximately 13:18. Upon arriving on the scene a perimeter had been set and reports of hostages were arousing. We moved to the doors for better contact with the suspects at 14:01. At 14:03 multiple shots were fired through the windows from the inside of the bank. At this point, multiple armed units returned fire. Approximately 14:28, one suspect fell. At approximately 15:07 the second suspect went down. Three unharmed hostages were found when the SWAT team moved in.

To avoid multiple reports in a case such as this, the first officer on scene or the officer that initiated the call would be the one to report the weapon discharges. 

I like everything included in here except how many shots you fired. As sometimes within the heat you could forget.
Also I'm in favor of arrest/police reports in general. So every time you arrest someone you have to fill out a tab. But yeah I like it.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

16 minutes ago, Negan said:

I like everything included in here except how many shots you fired. As sometimes within the heat you could forget.
Also I'm in favor of arrest/police reports in general. So every time you arrest someone you have to fill out a tab. But yeah I like it.

Yeah like I said, It would be fine in instances like a robbery to lose count, in my example, I put N/A because of this, but for things, such taser's or one shot fired for a pulled weapon would be easy to count.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

I don't think paperwork is going to be a feature in the game.

Like I said I dunno. However I would assume that they would be implementing a system for tickets and what not. Technically that classifies as paperwork so it's possible it'll be added.

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Like I said I dunno. However I would assume that they would be implementing a system for tickets and what not. Technically that classifies as paperwork so it's possible it'll be added.

That's actually a good Idea. Cops should have to include a little writeup whenever they issue a ticket.

Yeah, I wasn't referring to an actual in-game implementation, but a forum area dedicated to this. Also, I just thought about forum groups, so police can write reports on the forums and not bother criminals who do not care and criminals can advertise without police interference.