Dopey

A few Questions about DEATH

Question

A Few Questions

I know the subject is a little off, but my question is.. How easy will death be? as of now I am sure we are all familiar with how a "Quick" death is. Take a shot to the melon, yeah you should be seeing the light.

but..

What if you didn't take a shot to the melon, what if someone stabbed you, shot you in the stomach.. in the leg.. ect. (<  you do not have to answer, more of an example setting)

Q.) How difficult will it be to fight to stay alive compared to dying? 

Q.) What will be the consequences of dying? 

Q.) How serious are the consequences of actually murdering someone and being charged "Guilty"?

(Just trying to understand how much murdering would be going on, according to the level of penalty for murdering)

Not sure if you had already answered these on your Twitter, if so I apologize beforehand.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

@Dopey

1. There isn't a way to 'fight' for your life, more so that there is a timer. For example, if someone were to stab you, you fall to the ground unconscious and the paramedics have to revive you in a certain time frame. If they don't, you die. 

2. When you die, you lose all money and weapons or items on your person. The only thing you don't lose when you die is your clothing, as it makes up your 'identity'. When you die you also respawn at your last save. Generally that would be your home. 

3. When someone is charged with murder, it is a life sentence in jail. This is only 45 minutes in prison. I personally believe it should be longer than that, but there you go.  

Also, the Devs hope to have as few murders in the game, and more roleplaying. Then will be enforcing this by making it difficult and complex to get your own weapon. You need to invest time in the game if you wish to use firearms. Also, the prospect of prison is what the Devs hope puts people off murder. I hope this helps!

• Like 3

Thank you Andrew, your answers are really spot on! 

I do agree that a Prison sentence for murdering someone should be longer than 45 minutes, and murdering a cop should be even longer.

• Like 1

if the time will only be 45 minutes anyone will kill another player because it's just 45 minutes. the time should be higher and your account should be marked as murderer forever (because identity will be realistic and i think you don't want to be near someone who will most probably kill you. am i right or am i right?)

@Shimozukachi 

I agree that 45 minutes is not long enough for a murder, but.. I'd hate to compare this game to Altis life.. but I remember spending an hour and some change in the prison, and no chance to appeal. Made me want to get out and find the cop who put me in there and roast him! Another part of me just wanted to log and do the time later. 

I think if there is a longer prison sentence than 45 minutes there should be plenty of activities, or a chance to escape even. If you escape, then I could see the status of murderer sticking around. I liked the idea of knowing who is a murderer but then I thought about it.. 

In real life does someone about to commit crime look or dress a certain way?

Don't want to compare this to DayZ either but I have spent some time on the game, on the "Standalone" version. You meet some pretty friendly people and you hit it off, everything seems cool.. you spend hours together looting and having good conversations til later on you have your back turned while drinking a "Pipsi" and then all of a sudden (BOOM) lights out.. That so called "friendly" guy you spent a few hours with thinking he was cool has now showed his true face and murdered you.

If you would of known he was a murderer you would of never had talked or interacted with them.

Now- As to tattoos, I could see how "Gang" related murders could be reflected on your character with like the tattoos of tear droppings or something coming down the face, resembling the number of murders one has committed. 

On 25/02/2016 at 11:30 PM, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Dopey

1. There isn't a way to 'fight' for your life, more so that there is a timer. For example, if someone were to stab you, you fall to the ground unconscious and the paramedics have to revive you in a certain time frame. If they don't, you die. 

2. When you die, you lose all money and weapons or items on your person. The only thing you don't lose when you die is your clothing, as it makes up your 'identity'. When you die you also respawn at your last save. Generally that would be your home. 

3. When someone is charged with murder, it is a life sentence in jail. This is only 45 minutes in prison. I personally believe it should be longer than that, but there you go.  

Also, the Devs hope to have as few murders in the game, and more roleplaying. Then will be enforcing this by making it difficult and complex to get your own weapon. You need to invest time in the game if you wish to use firearms. Also, the prospect of prison is what the Devs hope puts people off murder. I hope this helps!

I agree, but 1. could be different, if you get stabbed say in different places you might not just full unconcious, like if you get shot in the body people don't just full unconcious, some might but others may have got shot in the gut and still could walk away but holding his wound and same with a knife.

2. its all good.

3. actually, its only 45minutes for the time being, They stated that it would likely be changed at a later period.

On 26.2.2016 at 10:31 PM, Dopey said:

@Shimozukachi 

I agree that 45 minutes is not long enough for a murder, but.. I'd hate to compare this game to Altis life.. but I remember spending an hour and some change in the prison, and no chance to appeal. Made me want to get out and find the cop who put me in there and roast him! Another part of me just wanted to log and do the time later. 

I think if there is a longer prison sentence than 45 minutes there should be plenty of activities, or a chance to escape even. If you escape, then I could see the status of murderer sticking around. I liked the idea of knowing who is a murderer but then I thought about it.. 

In real life does someone about to commit crime look or dress a certain way?

Don't want to compare this to DayZ either but I have spent some time on the game, on the "Standalone" version. You meet some pretty friendly people and you hit it off, everything seems cool.. you spend hours together looting and having good conversations til later on you have your back turned while drinking a "Pipsi" and then all of a sudden (BOOM) lights out.. That so called "friendly" guy you spent a few hours with thinking he was cool has now showed his true face and murdered you.

If you would of known he was a murderer you would of never had talked or interacted with them.

Now- As to tattoos, I could see how "Gang" related murders could be reflected on your character with like the tattoos of tear droppings or something coming down the face, resembling the number of murders one has committed. 

i've stopped reading after "there should be plenty of activities". it's a criminal. if it's like that he'll always kill someone just because he wants to get into prison after accidently leaving it.

@Shimozukachi but what if someone has to do "Work" inside of prison in order for their "time" to go down, depending on the crime or level of crimes the harder the work. 

No Profit other than it starts the "timer" on your jail time.

an how dare you stop reading!?> If you won't read that essay who else will!?