Villasenor

Interstates

Question

Will the freeways/interstates be like real life to where you must enter or exit a ramp with a speed limit of 75mph and the highways with no ramps with a speed limit of 50mph.  This would be cool for traffic stops and other roleplay stuff. Here are some pictures. Freeways usually have 4 or more lanes for one direction and 4 or more on the other direction and highways have 1-2 lanes for one direction and 1-2 on the other direction.

Could we also get paid sections where you can pay to get access to a lane to move around faster. This will be costly and only profitable if used a lot and used for work. Government employees that are on-duty will get access to this at government/no cost.

i-005_sb_san_diego.jpg

800px-I-80_Eastshore_Fwy.jpg?1374976033

dreamstime_l_26152587-Custom.jpg

i-h001_wb_exit_013b_02.jpg

i-275_tn_st_22.jpg

interstate-15-on-ramp-sign-in-the-califo

A1_Highways_Civil_Contractor_Road_Buildi

Edited by Villasenor

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Villasenor said:

Will the freeways/interstates be like real life to where you must enter or exit a ramp with a speed limit of 75mph and the highways with no ramps with a speed limit of 50mph.  This would be cool for traffic stops and other roleplay stuff. Here are some pictures. Freeways usually have 4 or more lanes for one direction and 4 or more on the other direction and highways have 1-2 lanes for one direction and 1-2 on the other direction.

Could we also get paid sections where you can pay to get access to a lane to move around faster. This will be costly and only profitable if used a lot and used for work. Government employees that are on-duty will get access to this at government/no cost.

i-005_sb_san_diego.jpg

800px-I-80_Eastshore_Fwy.jpg?1374976033

dreamstime_l_26152587-Custom.jpg

i-h001_wb_exit_013b_02.jpg

i-275_tn_st_22.jpg

interstate-15-on-ramp-sign-in-the-califo

A1_Highways_Civil_Contractor_Road_Buildi

Starting from this, I wonder if private servers will be able to change traffic laws (to make it more country-based) 

2 hours ago, YouKnowBro said:

Yeah theres going to be highways at a minimum considering the enormous map they are trying to achieve

I know highways will, just wondering about interstates. I would love to do interstate patrols from time to time.

There is more than one city on the map; it's an island after all. I would say it's almost guaranteed that there will be interstates in game. How the laws and such apply to this however, I suspect will be server based.

• Like 1

I am sure they have a road with 4 lanes wide in each direction planned (My assumption) because in the past a dev has said they want to see a traffic jam and gave a google image of a motorway like that with cars turning around etc. I am totally not sure but I will get beach ball to ask it on the stream tonight.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

I am sure they have a road with 4 lanes wide in each direction planned (My assumption) because in the past a dev has said they want to see a traffic jam and gave a google image of a motorway like that with cars turning around etc. I am totally not sure but I will get beach ball to ask it on the stream tonight.

I actually would be quite thrilled to see an in-game traffic jam... Just like the big epidemy that happened in World of Warcraft a few years ago :D