Sign in to follow this  
Hughy

What i don't expect in this game

What they always expect from MMORPGs: grinding, quests, areas for PVP and then... nothing. What do they devs expect for the game specifically, what will players do that is different from other games of the same genre ? What  will us see coming out of this pandorabox, an AAA++ game or just trash...

There's some kind of RPGs that i 've played over the years

Table

Texted base game (GTA SAMP or MTA)

Cops and Robers (a light RP that its like grinding without quests)

From all those that i've listed, table and cops & robers where good stuff. Texted based game was the worst shit i've experienced . You don't have control over your character, you have laws to pursue .  You cant even walk without texting. I think that we don't want a game like this.

What i do expect from Identity

I do expect, good graphics with bad animation, full player based economy, lag, frame drops and lots of meta gaming. 

I really would want these things clear for the communtiy. I would want to know, what do devs think about the mechanics and how do it will work bit by bit the interation that the player will have with another, what will be like to play this game.

Edited by Hughy

15 minutes ago, Hughy said:

What they always expect from MMORPGs: grinding, quests, areas for PVP and then... nothing. What do they devs expect for the game specifically, what will players do that is different from other games of the same genre ? What  will us see coming out of this pandorabox, an AAA++ game or just trash...

Table

From all those that i've listed, table and cops & robers where good stuff. Texted based game was the worst shit i've experienced . You don't have control over your character, you have laws to pursue .  You cant even walk without texting. I think that we don't want a game like this.

I do expect, good graphics with bad animation, full player based economy, lag, frame drops and lots of meta gaming. 

I really would want these things clear for the communtiy. I would want to know, what do devs think about the mechanics and how do it will work bit by bit the interation that the player will have with another, what will be like to play this game.

In official servers, people will Meta-game because there is no such rules like that. However private servers will be more strict and rules being enforced more often.

This game is not like the other "MMORPG's" which have quests, they are not within the full genre this game is properly bringing (My opinion).

This game will bring a true MMO-RPG genre with no quests. A real life simulator and many more things in one.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hughy said:

Table

I feel it is closer to a virtual world like Second Life or InWorldz, Ourworld, Entropia Universe, Twinity, and so on and so forth. Not what I view as a mmorpg. So it is more what I would call a virtual world mixed with a life simulator. To me it is another kind of game completely then a just a rpg of sorts. 

Identity is probably the first standalone Roleplay/Life Simulator(whatever) game that's in the making atm.

Meta-Gaming will always be a problem though as said above, whitelisted private servers with more strict rules will make the problem smaller but still it will always be there. Nothing to to about it really.

Though I agree what you say about that the graphics will be good, bad animations at the launch of the town square, low fps probably atleast in the begining. 

Though I believe that all these kind of things will get improved as the development carries on and the dev team get's bigger.

Edited by Pettsson

2 hours ago, Hughy said:

Table

You should try ArmA 3 and look for the Alits Life, ArmA life or any other life mod to get an idea of what kind of game this will be.

25 minutes ago, Pettsson said:

Identity is probably the first standalone Roleplay/Life Simulator(whatever) game that's in the making atm.

Meta-Gaming will always be a problem though as said above, whitelisted private servers with more strict rules will make the problem smaller but still it will always be there. Nothing to to about it really.

Though I agree what you say about that the graphics will be good, bad animations at the launch of the town square, low fps probably atleast in the begining. 

Though I believe that all these kind of things will get improved as the development carries on and the dev team get's bigger.

I´d say Second Life is the closeset we can get as for now.. 

Identity's less about grinding and having all the best stuff and more about establishing and characterizing yourself in a world full of other unique or regular ol' Jerry's. Identity isn't a game with any set goal in mind, after all the whole premise of the game is "RP" centralized around our modern society.. and generally speaking I don't think life has any significant purpose.

The only point I'd say there is would be well.. have fun. So whether you're a social pariah (like me) and think Identity can help you tackle your crippling anxiety, or just someone who solely enjoys RP games, Identity is chalk full of possibilities.

Business; That likely equivalent to Roman's success in GTA IV.
Law; Whether a Police Officer, Security Guard, Correctional Officer, Detective and more, you can pursue a career path right for you.
Medicine; Educate yourself in the art of medicine and you can be on your way towards the operating table! Not in it. Probably.
Bureaucracy; If you're into mind numbing, paper fiddling, resource consuming practices then I'm sure you'll find something here!

The options are practically endless! Start a drug empire!.. or pursue petty crime that comparable to Trailer Park Boys. Become an artist. Sit around complaining about the lame poser conformists, drinking coffee, smoking, and pursuing dark rituals of sorts. Live in your car. Perform hard labor and complain about the slackers. Join a cult. Get high off of bath beads and eat somebody's face off.. uh, okay probably not that one.

Regardless what you choose your career isn't everything, pursue a character you're happy to portray yourself as here at Identity and you'll probably enjoy it for what it is.. or you'll get bored, get on your virtual computer, and sit around in your apartment playing a stupid virtual game all da.. wait.

Edited by Hill
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hill said:

Identity's less about grinding and having all the best stuff and more about establishing and characterizing yourself in a world full of other unique or regular ol' Jerry's. Identity isn't a game with any set goal in mind, after all the whole premise of the game is "RP" centralized around our modern society.. and generally speaking I don't think life has any significant purpose.

The only point I'd say there is would be well.. have fun. So whether you're a social pariah (like me) and think Identity can help you tackle your crippling anxiety, or just someone who solely enjoys RP games, Identity is chalk full of possibilities.

Business; That likely equivalent to Roman's success in GTA IV.
Law; Whether a Police Officer, Security Guard, Correctional Officer, Detective and more, you can pursue a career path right for you.
Medicine; Educate yourself in the art of medicine and you can be on your way towards the operating table! Not in it. Probably.
Bureaucracy; If you're into mind numbing, paper fiddling, resource consuming practices then I'm sure you'll find something here!

The options are practically endless! Start a drug empire!.. or pursue petty crime that comparable to Trailer Park Boys. Become an artist. Sit around complaining about the lame poser conformists, drinking coffee, smoking, and pursuing dark rituals of sorts. Live in your car. Perform hard labor and complain about the slackers. Join a cult. Get high off of bath beads and eat somebody's face off.. uh, okay probably not that one.

Regardless what you choose your career isn't everything, pursue a character you're happy to portray yourself as here at Identity and you'll probably enjoy it for what it is.. or you'll get bored, get on your virtual computer, and sit around in your apartment playing a stupid virtual game all da.. wait.

Mmmmm... Nothing is endless.... I see lot of stuff that will bring a lot of questions. How does the game will work, housing, business... I saw a lot of full player based economy mods for games that do work on paper but not in-game. Hype was always good and bad for them and for us. As always, i'm looking foward for indie games. Most of the game devs in the industry are dead. Nowdays, they are only robots that got used to do poorly manofactured games with microtransactions.