Before I get lost in my thoughts and start spouting rhetoric that compliments whatever mood I'm in, I'd like to give a big thanks to both the developers, and the community surrounding this game, as this is the first time in years that I've felt the urge to actually participate in a forum discussion. (I believe the last time I did so, Runescape "3" was just being announced.) 

Anyways, onto the topic at hand.
While the politics of this world have yet to be discovered, the notion of political coalitions having the capacity to look out for anyone's interests but their own beyond the founders of the part(y) is far-fetched at best, and ridiculous at worst. While I don't expect to ever earn the favor of the citizenry in the beginning stages of this world's development cycle, I only ask for one chance to prove my metal. The concept that conventional leftism/rightism are adequate methods of representing the ideologies of the masses is nothing more than pandering to those whom benefit from numbing the masses.
Whist I cannot even guarantee I make it onto the ballet, if by some miracle all of you *choose* me, I can guarantee that my government will operate on a term-to-term basis, with politics taking a backseat to the well-being of the people. I won't feed in to emotionally fueled pejoratives, nor will I overlook my own shortcomings, nor will I attempt to utilize an extended vocabulary. (either to confuse the average person, or attempt to marginalize my opponent)

In short, we'll have to see how the politics of the island pan out, but once it solidifies itself, and a hierarchy is established, I'll be there.

Edited by Perlman
Proofreading error
  • Like 1

Feel free to ignore @LuciousTimes, he's just a con-artist. Who really shouldn't be posting in other candidates campaign threads.

Anyway, I do appreciate that you plan to take things as they come and be straight up with your peers. Instead of trailing off with a lot of mumbo-jumbo saying whatever the people wants to hear, vs what they need to hear.

Transparency is the key to a successful state.

Do you have any plans for policies if you did end up in office? Like who is the real @Perlman, what could we expect of you if you were to get into office?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Norway174 said:

Feel free to ignore @LuciousTimes, he's just a con-artist. Who really shouldn't be posting in other candidates campaign threads.

Anyway, I do appreciate that you plan to take things as they come and be straight up with your peers. Instead of trailing off with a lot of mumbo-jumbo saying whatever the people wants to hear, vs what they need to hear.

Do you have any plans for policies if you did end up in office? Like who is the real @Perlman, what could we expect of you if you were to get into office?

I don't understand why you feel the need to label me with such negative things. I've done nothing to you, to the people of Identity or outside that. I'm not even mad, you have the right to talk about me and call me as you wish, but I just don't see why you would when I've done nothing... I've told you before that I'm willing to work on policies with you, discuss laws, I mean I'm practically accepting your criticism to make the campaign better. I don't understand why as I keep saying, can you at least explain why you choose to be this way?

• Like 1

I'm not one for drama, so I'll just leave that first half alone.
If I'm gonna be completely honest, I really don't have any definite plans for what I would do in office, as I have yet to see just how much control policyholders have.
A small example... If conglomerates were cornering their respective markets at the expense of their workers, that would be a problem. Conversely, if workers were striking and holding the company hostage while taxes are low and wages high (all subjective), that would also be a problem.
My real gripe is with *real* corruption.

If the governor were to hold the police budget hostage, in an attempt to coerce them into combating a rival gang (whist having ties to the gang that isn't being targeted), that would be a problem.
However, if the governor were to form such relationships with these groups in an attempt to keep violence to a minimum, a case could be made for the necessity of such an evil.

Regardless of what ends up happening, I look forward to seeing just this all pans out.

• Like 1

To add onto that, Ron Perlman is a real life actor, without much care for politics.
I just like to photoshop his face onto shit lol

I'd like to know as well! It's not clear as to why you attack my "son". You speak of transparency while my son is transparent, you speak of being "straight" and the Times campaign has been straight with you and everyone else we've encountered, and you speak of saying what people want to hear while Lucious barely speaks unless he's giving advice, discuss a policy with another citizen, complementing, or updating his policies after speaking with a another citizen, or trying to get to know dear Kaitlyn.

6 minutes ago, Perlman said:

I'm not one for drama, so I'll just leave that first half alone.
If I'm gonna be completely honest, I really don't have any definite plans for what I would do in office, as I have yet to see just how much control policyholders have.
A small example... If conglomerates were cornering their respective markets at the expense of their workers, that would be a problem. Conversely, if workers were striking and holding the company hostage while taxes are low and wages high (all subjective), that would also be a problem.
My real gripe is with *real* corruption.

If the governor were to hold the police budget hostage, in an attempt to coerce them into combating a rival gang (whist having ties to the gang that isn't being targeted), that would be a problem.
However, if the governor were to form such relationships with these groups in an attempt to keep violence to a minimum, a case could be made for the necessity of such an evil.

Regardless of what ends up happening, I look forward to seeing just this all pans out.

To you, as my son said...very well said introduction to your campaign. It's always a blessing to have new candidates!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Perlman said:

To add onto that, Ron Perlman is a real life actor, without much care for politics.
I just like to photoshop his face onto shit lol

That is quite humorous!

6 minutes ago, Perlman said:

Thanks man

You have favor with us of The Royal Family!

• Like 1