If a car crashed into a power pole, knocking it down, would the power for that area go out? The power lines could also be affected by storms, and trees falling on them. This would create the opportunity for more careers (such as the line mechanic) who would need to fix it to restore the power. This could deter rough driving by players as well.

There could even be a power station which needs workers, or maintenance, for it to operate

Also, would street lights break - meaning they need to be fixed? And does the government have the switch to turn them off and on? - So they could plunge the island into darkness

14 hours ago, jcdock said:

Cool idea but I have a feeling it would be griefed like shit

Yeah and it would be abused be people playing as criminals. Need to rob the bank? Cut the power and then there's no alarm. This is probably how's it's done is real life, but in this game, it'd just be O.P..

43 minutes ago, mca0004 said:

Yeah and it would be abused be people playing as criminals. Need to rob the bank? Cut the power and then there's no alarm. This is probably how's it's done is real life, but in this game, it'd just be O.P..

That's not what I meant, banks and stuff like that have backup power. I mean it will be abused by people whose only goal is to make the game less fun for other people

18 minutes ago, jcdock said:

That's not what I meant, banks and stuff like that have backup power. I mean it will be abused by people whose only goal is to make the game less fun for other people

Yeah I now, I was simple adding to what you said, sorry to have confused you (:,

Identity's environment isn't fully destructible and we don't really know how destructible it will be. We do know though that most destructions will be client sided.

On 9.01.2016 at 6:25 PM, HairyGrenade said:

I wanted to add something I was told by motown, Car damage will be client side because of the packets they need for other assets in the game world, so every player will see the damage differently.

That means that if you witnessed an accident- you see the damage. If you came to the same spot after the accident- you see everything perfectly fine. Maybe just a corpse lying around. And, most likely, if you'll go far away enough the area will reset for you and when you go back the damage will be gone for you aswell. That's why it's not very likely power poles could be knocked out and affect the entire area.

Doesn't look like power outage is in plans, for now at least. It could be interesting though :D