RabidBedlam

Who is Interested in written ( text based) role play ?

5 minutes ago, GwendalynDarkstone said:

Ah, but not everyone is going to be talking, as was stated previously. Also, why the discrimination? Because we don't/can't use voice, were not invited to this game? You say that ANY game can be a Roleplay game if one tries, yet...you wish to disclude a group of peoples based on their inability/unwanting to use a mic to talk to people. If any game can be a roleplay game, then why can we not accept both methods for roleplay?

I'm not discluding anybody. This is a game centered around the core fact that its voice communication heavy. And you're trying to make it into something else. If I was discriminating against you I would have said "Get off of these forums if you don't want to talk. It's voice only." But I didn't, you jumped to a conclusion a pulled a victim card my friend

Could we please get back on track. There will be many servers using voice chat. I am trying to find out if there is enough people who are interested in text based role play ( not telephone text but written word.) If you are not at all interested perhaps you could not post here. I just want to find out who is. Thank you.

On 15/02/2017 at 9:42 PM, RabidBedlam said:

Hello,

I have been involved in a number of written role play communities. Mostly on Second Life, but also on boards and some on games like SWTOR and WOW. I love to right and feel that the story can be best communicated in the written word. Well at least depth of story. For that reason, and because my nunnery does not allow me to voice chat I would be interested in playing in a paragraph role play server. My wondering is how many other people would be interested in this type of roleplay ? If we get a large turn out maybe we could start some pre planning. Anyhow, thank you for your time.

personally i despise RPing with text as it isn't realistic or fun 

Totally opposed to written RP. It changes the dynamics entirely and ruins just about everything that this game has to offer. I cannot imagine being pulled over by an LEO and having them type to me why they may be pulling me over. No no and more no.

16 minutes ago, Krebork said:

Totally opposed to written RP. It changes the dynamics entirely and ruins just about everything that this game has to offer. I cannot imagine being pulled over by an LEO and having them type to me why they may be pulling me over. No no and more no.

Why am I being stopped?

*Couple minutes pass.*

You were speeding.

16 hours ago, Arky said:

Why am I being stopped?

*Couple minutes pass.*

You were speeding.

Seriously, if you  are not interested in text roleplay, why not just not write in this one little thread. There are people who are interested in it. That's what I am looking to identify. If this doesn't interest you move on FFS. Really, no loss to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RabidBedlam said:

Seriously, if you  are not interested in text roleplay, why not just not write in this one little thread. There are people who are interested in it. That's what I am looking to identify. If this doesn't interest you move on FFS. Really, no loss to me.

From what I've seen only two-three people are interested. This thread is dead

Thing is though in the long run voice chat is just easier. Yes text chat is more immersive due to the extent in detail you can go into but do you really have to give detail when someone is about to shoot you. I doubt the robber will wait 5 minutes for you to write how you died....

I have however hosted 3 (i think) forum RP threads so you are more than welcome to join in if another pops up. 

Edited by Herzog
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Herzog said:

Thing is though in the long run voice chat is just easier. Yes text chat is more immersive due to the extent in detail you can go into but do you really have to give detail when someone is about to shoot you. I doubt the robber will wait 5 minutes for you to write how you died....

I have however hosted 3 (i think) forum RP threads so you are more than welcome to join in if another pops up. 

His threads have always been popular so if he starts a new one up I'd recommend you join up.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Herzog said:

I think when a community is able to do RP the whole community have knowledge of the rules, so yes, a robber will wait 5 minutes to the other guy play your role because he knows that what makes a good roleplay server is the entire community. Think that way, the robber don't mind only for himself, he cares for the actions of the other players, because in a community of roleplay the most important thing is the development of your character in the story and the events that occur in the server. Is like a novel, all is important for the greater good.

19 minutes ago, Trustvainer said:

I think when a community is able to do RP the whole community have knowledge of the rules, so yes, a robber will wait 5 minutes to the other guy play your role because he knows that what makes a good roleplay server is the entire community. Think that way, the robber don't mind only for himself, he cares for the actions of the other players, because in a community of roleplay the most important thing is the development of your character in the story and the events that occur in the server. Is like a novel, all is important for the greater good.

See i get where you are coming from and no way disagree with this guys OP. I spent many years in WOW and ESO guilds typing out everything and its a lot of fun but i just find that with a fast paced game like Identity it just doesnt fit but thats just my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Herzog said:

See i get where you are coming from and no way disagree with this guys OP. I spent many years in WOW and ESO guilds typing out everything and its a lot of fun but i just find that with a fast paced game like Identity it just doesnt fit but thats just my opinion. 

The realism it adds to it is amazing. I can't sit and think of what I wanna say I just have to say it and hope my point gets across

Yes, we can agree that if we have only one server to accommodate both text-based and voice role players this will be a catastrophe. But if we have a server only for roleplay in text and a server only for voice all will run smooth like the wind. And this is what is gonna be, not one, but many servers like those both.

I will be in the gestures server of course.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trustvainer said:

Yes, we can agree that if we have only one server to accommodate both text-based and voice role players this will be a catastrophe. But if we have a server only for roleplay in text and a server only for voice all will run smooth like the wind. And this is what is gonna be, not one, but many servers like those both.

I will be in the gestures server of course.

Thank you.  There will be more than one server and the thread isn't dead it's gotten off track because it has been taken of topic to some needless debate. Thank you for bringing it back in line.

Count me in the group who will not use voice.

I don't even look for a dedicated text server. I just don't talk. I write. No one is required to read my text though, to the same extent I'm not required to talk.

There's people in real life who cannot talk, right? Isn't this a roleplay? Well, that's my role.

I play at nights. I have kids nearby I don't want to disturb. It *never* has stopped me from having fun online.

So, one more in the OP list here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phiedrus said:

Count me in the group who will not use voice.

I don't even look for a dedicated text server. I just don't talk. I write. No one is required to read my text though, to the same extent I'm not required to talk.

There's people in real life who cannot talk, right? Isn't this a roleplay? Well, that's my role.

I play at nights. I have kids nearby I don't want to disturb. It *never* has stopped me from having fun online.

So, one more in the OP list here.

That is great. I know I have quite a few people from Second Life Role plays that are interested too. I remember WOW and SWTOR roleplayers too who would fit on one text server. So, here is hoping it is a possibility.

Someone in an ARK discord I hang out in sometimes mentioned this to me and I was thinking about making an RP discord server. 

Let me guys know how you feel about this as it might be happening soon.

My workaround - for all of this, is going to be Discord. If necessary, we can all be in-game and be on a Discord server and use voice or text chat there. Albeit, Discord doesn't have voice changing capabilities - yet. ;) Either way, I think there are ways to make everyone happy, even if it's not all included in the game itself. 

Shout out to the devs - you guys are doing a fantastic job! I am getting antsy though and can't wait to finally PLAY! lol

Personally I don't like this idea at all I have experienced this on altis life when people don't have a mic and it's just not as immersive as role playing with a microphone and I just think it will be easier to be able to move and checking inventory and stuff similar, when you are speaking through a microphone then having to type a lot.