Ben

Drugs

Not sure if this is already going to be added to the game but considering you can go the criminal route I was thinking you should be able to grow/make drugs. Anyone have opinions on this. I just think it would be cool to be a drug kingpin or a common dope slinger.

25 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not sure if this is already going to be added to the game but considering you can go the criminal route I was thinking you should be able to grow/make drugs. Anyone have opinions on this. I just think it would be cool to be a drug kingpin or a common dope slinger.

Cocaine, meth, and weed are already something. 

Edited by JamesLuck01

You can only make a small portion of drugs in your house, seeing as police wouldn't be able to raid your home, it would kinda be unfair to do all of this illegal stuff in the safety of your home. I know in order to make meth, you have to buy an RV and go around collecting the materials in order to cook it. I'm assuming it's something similar if you want to make cocaine, but not 100% sure. To make a significant amount of drugs, you would have to do it outside of your home. Found that info here!

Yes, drugs were discussed in the video discussing the criminal career. You will be able to produce them, store them, and sell them to other players, and they will be have various effects on the players character. I imagine cocaine and meth making you more speedy, while something like weed helping you to focus more such as with aiming.

4 hours ago, ST_Helios said:

@Mentality

Was there such a specific video? if yes i must've missed it, could i have the link please?

No specific video. It was shown in the second identity video and explained throughly 

10 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Just watch the youtube video about the criminal career.

Stop confusing people, there is no official video about criminal careers. That is exactly what people are drawing from your message, so make sure you reiterate the information being in the second update video.

That is a video straight from a YouTube member asking the developers questions and getting information from them. No comeback? That's what I thought.

The fact is there are quite a few YouTube videos popping up about Identity from those who took the time to talk to the developers. Just take a look. Careers, activities, features, it's starting to paint a picture about what Identity is and what we can do.

12 minutes ago, Mentality said:

That is a video straight from a YouTube member asking the developers questions and getting information from them. No comeback? That's what I thought.

No you dick, that is not an official video which means regardless of the source of the info, it's not an OFFICIAL VIDEO. People won't give two hoots about this guy relaying information that was said partly because this video is old and secondly sourcing information that way is somewhat unreliable as it is all just words, no solid proof. Plus if you want to make a fuss about me having 'No comeback' give me longer than 5 minutes before you mention it....

That's like Kickapoo telling me that Identity will have nudity. That's not official news. That's just him telling me it. Those videos are "Official" in the sense that the developers didn't make it and didn't confirm it either. They just talked about it.

For future reference, there is no official video talking about drugs

• Like 1

Well, if you want proof you'd have to be in the office alongside the developers. Believe what you want. I'll take the word of those who will actually talk about it.

Official means you know when you open the box. This is a team of 5 developers we are talking about here. They have too much to do than post official videos every time someone has a question.

4 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Official means you know when you open the box. This is a team of 5 developers we are talking about here. They have too much to do than post official videos every time someone has a question.

Official means from the source. If it's not made by them or talked about by them, it's all rumor and speculation 

Which amazes me they had time to even talk to these people on YouTube. But there you have it. Any news is better than no news.

The game is in its initial stages people. You have questions, we have anwers... which may or may not be true. We aren't mind readers, able to see what goes on in their heads. We are people, anxious to see what it will amount to. There is an endless sea of questions out there, so you aren't alone.

It's not official because Powergaming is not part of the development team. He is only gathering information that has already been stated by developers mixed with some speculation which is usually stated as such in his videos.

37 minutes ago, Mentality said:

Well, if you want proof you'd have to be in the office alongside the developers. Believe what you want. I'll take the word of those who will actually talk about it.

That is true to a point but I would at least to a certain level accept video footage as acceptable proof. Even that though has been proven unreliable by game devs time and time again.

8 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

That is true to a point but I would at least to a certain level accept video footage as acceptable proof. Even that though has been proven unreliable by game devs time and time again.

At least we can weigh our decision on what to believe on the fact that many of these YouTube members questioning the developers are legitimately excited and looking for information any which way they can find it. At least we can say that this so called information they are providing isn't too far fetched. But if you want to talk far fetched, these YouTube videos talking about GTA 6 are such an example. That is a complete load of horse shit. Rockstar is focused on getting Red Dead Redemption 2 out on the shelves and dealing with the lawsuit by Leslie Benzies. Those videos were created to get you to download a fake demo onto your systems and hack your information.