Shwado

THE LAW !

can we get an elaboration on suing some one and getting sued  and all that like i see a lot of people posting their ideas on the forums with store names location and everything but what if a dickhead like myself decided to steal his idea can he sue me in game ? can u use a forum page as some sort of evidence ? and if a roommate refuses to pay up rent can u sue them ? and is there a paper that they have to sign that says they have to pay rent.  like is there a lease to confirm that who ever is living with u has to payup 

Edited by Shwado

On 25/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, Shwado said:

can we get an elaboration on suing some one and getting sued  and all that like i see a lot of people posting their ideas on the forums with store names location and everything but what if a dickhead like myself decided to steal his idea can he sue me in game ? can u use a forum page as some sort of evidence ? and if a roommate refuses to pay up rent can u sue them ? and is there a paper that they have to sign that says they have to pay rent.  like is there a lease to confirm that who ever is living with u has to payup 

With the paying rent part, is if you don't pay them they can just kick you out of the house/ apartment and you cannot do anything about it.

I do not believe that you can sue people in the game but the devs could always add such things at a future date after the full release.

I guess in the server there would have to be some sort of legal system where someone deems if using the other is just or not.  Otherwise, I can't see it happening, as it is very hard to prove you stole their idea and didn't just come up with the same idea.  I guess like if you copied someone's painting and sold exact copies you could try and sue?  

I doubt you could sue for much though, as money looks like it will be tight, which is nice as it seems realistic.

Individuals are capable of hiring a civil lawyer in order to charge the subject for infringing a contract agreement within the civil courts, resulting in a judge and/or jury (usually judge) to determine the outcome of a case. Hypothetically, if the accused subject refuses to pay the fee, Law enforcement officers would be obligated to incarcerated the accused subject for committing an act of theft.

You could sue someone once they release private servers if there's a courthouse in the game. I can imagine a lot of people would be interested in rp'ing as a lawyer or a judge to help with this.