Gamepilz

Medic System

How will the medic system work?

Like if somebody shot you in the leg, you start bleeding, walk slow,etc... 

42 minutes ago, Gamepilz said:

How will the medic system work?

Like if somebody shot you in the leg, you start bleeding, walk slow,etc... 

Hiya, @Gamepilz!

Firstly, uh oh! Looks like you've posted this in the wrong board since this is for Ideas & Suggestions, but don't worry, it's not too big of a deal and we all make mistakes :)

Just for future reference though, there's a main Q&A section here.

I feel like it would really depend on whomever is Governor of the island and what their policies are on Healthcare. Some Governors may wish to have it privatised whereas others may want it to be cheap and affordable for everybody.

There will be Emergency Services within the game which you can contact by dialling 911 from your in-game phone and requesting Police, EMS & Doctors and Fire & Rescue. If you request an EMS (Emergency Medical Services) and tell them where you are, they'll send out an ambulance or a local medic to come to you.

From there, they can give you a trip to hospital.

However, with the game being so far from release, there's not too much "in-detail" information about everything yet and I honestly feel like more should be said about the EMS and Fire & Rescue since the main focus in regards to the Emergency Services seems to be on the Police and Law Enforcement.

I remember hearing that if you're holding a gun and you get shot in that hand, you'll drop the gun, which is a very cool additional feature. I can confirm that this has been mentioned before by a Moderator who got the information from the Developers.

I also remember hearing in one of the Q&A Podcast/Videos w/ Devs, that if your health is too low, you'll need other players, preferably medics to heal you or you'll bleed out. I can't confirm this since I can't remember how long ago I heard this or which podcast, however, I do remember hearing it, I just don't know all the details. Either way, it's something to think about and should give you an idea of how in-detail it will be.

Side Note: When you die, you will never lose/be robbed of clothing!

If they can do that with the gun in your hand, then I find it very likely that a shot in the leg would slow you down. I also know that if you don't maintain your hunger and thirst requirements, whilst you won't lose health, it will have negative effects such as slowing you down. I'm mentioning this since, if refusing to maintain your daily needs such as eating and drinking can decrease your ability to walk at a decent pace, then I'm sure being shot in the leg would do the same.