Dilsea

Controversial topics not allowed in-game?

Question

So I'm just curious as to where the boundary lies in game, for the record I'm just curious not planning to pursue any of these topics.

So in real life we have the likes of the KKK, the feminists and the opposing parties, would these concepts be allowed in game or is it 'too far'

Like say for instance I set up a group that wasn't exactly PC. Is this allowed in game? As I said I'm not planning to do this I'm just asking a question.

Edited by GreyFox
EDIT: re-worded my second part as some people were getting confused as to what I meant even tho I clearly stated it was an example

6 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, GreyFox said:

So I'm just curious as to where the boundary lies in game, for the record I'm just curious not planning to pursue any of these topics.

So in real life we have the likes of the KKK, the feminists and the opposing parties, would these concepts be allowed in game or is it 'too far'

Like say for instance I set up a group against transgenders or something like that, is freedom of speech allowed or is it too much of a sensitive topic. Because I do have quite a few views on things that alot of people would find offensive, I'm not planning to bring up any of my personal opinions in game or on the form but I'm just curious would it be a bannable offence ect? Thanks.

Ffs dude. This is honestly such a stupid question.

Also " a group against transgenders", well that would be transphobic. Hate speech is not the same as freedom of speech. You're welcome to voice your opinions so long as they are not discriminatory, degrading or attacking another individual or group of people.

To answer the question, it would depend on whatever laws the Governor had set in place but on official servers, I imagine they would never, ever allow discrimination based on gender, sexuality, race, religion, etc. as they'd want everybody to be able to enjoy the game. If it's not allowed on here then it's most likely not allowed on official servers in-game.

What you do on your own private servers is up to you.

Sincerely,

LGBTQ+

• Like 1

It depends on what the group is about. If I were the Devs I would be concerned about players who feel personally attacked by the group and getting bad PR because of it. They probably don't want Identity to be known as "that game with the people who hate transgenders" because of one overblown news article. 

Edited by MntnChicken
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Also " a group against transgenders", well that would be transphobic. Hate speech is not the same as freedom of speech. You're welcome to voice your opinions so long as they are not discriminatory, degrading or attacking another individual or group of people.

To answer the question, it would depend on whatever laws the Governor had set in place but on official servers, I imagine they would never, ever allow discrimination based on gender, sexuality, race, religion, etc. as they'd want everybody to be able to enjoy the game. If it's not allowed on here then it's most likely not allowed on official servers in-game.

Sincerely,

LGBTQ+

Alright mate don't get all triggered on me I was using it as an example. I may have worded my question badly, but in general are you allowed to be un PC in game is what I was really trying to say.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreyFox said:

Alright mate don't get all triggered on me I was using it as an example. I may have worded my question badly, but in general are you allowed to be un PC in game is what I was really trying to say.

Funny how people use the word "triggered" wrongly.

As the post above said; it would be incredibly "bad PR" for the Devs and the game and as I said; it really depends on what you want to do on your own servers but for official servers, it most likely won't be allowed if it's hateful, discriminatory or offensive.

On 9/1/2017 at 8:33 AM, BrianHamilton said:

Sincerely,

LGBTQ+

Oh my God get over it. If you can have an LGBTQ group in game then people can have whatever they want. Just because something is offensive to you it doesn't make it ok to ban it. You can easily just ask the person to stop or report them. If that doesn't work then go to another server. How can people make it a problem on a game? Terrible.

5 minutes ago, AUSTV said:

Oh my God get over it. If you can have an LGBTQ group in game then people can have whatever they want. Just because something is offensive to you it doesn't make it ok to ban it. You can easily just ask the person to stop or report them. If that doesn't work then go to another server. How can people make it a problem on a game? Terrible.

It's not about having an LGBTQ+ group. My response was in regards to discrimination and that what you do on your own server is up to you, but it will most likely be permitted on all official servers as the Developers wouldn't want to get bad publicity for it.

I stand by my original statement of "such a stupid question". Obviously, your own servers will be moderated and managed by yourself and anyone else you have permitted and if you think about it smartly then, of course, the Devs wouldn't want to risk getting bad publicity for allowing discrimination.

Overall, it depends on the Governor of the server's policies and laws that they have set in place, however, on official servers, I imagine (as there's no way to know until the game officially releases) that discrimination and purposely insulting others wouldn't be allowed as an unchangeable default.