AndrewDonaldson

What happens to owned buildings when you disconnect?

Another question (sorry if this has been asked)

If I were to purchase a large warehouse in the city, and I assume there is a limited amount of warehouses, can others buy the warehouse I purchased if I disconnect? Or are there other instances of the same warehouse?

On 2/8/2016 at 9:04 PM, AndrewDonaldson said:

Another question (sorry if this has been asked)

If I were to purchase a large warehouse in the city, and I assume there is a limited amount of warehouses, can others buy the warehouse I purchased if I disconnect? Or are there other instances of the same warehouse?

You still own the warehouse, I believe the only instances zones are the apartments, everything is actually in the world. Picture real life, if you buy a warehouse, somebody can't come along and buy it when you're out of town or asleep. It's yours until you sell it 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WillyVortex said:

You still own the warehouse, I believe the only instances zones are the apartments, everything is actually in the world. Picture real life, if you buy a warehouse, somebody can't come along and buy it when you're out of town or asleep. It's yours until you sell it 

This is close except that you missed the part that if you dont come on the game to pay rent then you will lose the building.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

This is close except that you missed the part that if you dont come on the game to pay rent then you will lose the building.

Right i thought he meant if you log off like overnight or something, that would make sense though. If you totally own the building, and don't need to pay rent, is there property tax or something?

Yes there is property tax, when you log off over night you will not lose the house but obviously if you dont join the game after a while you will lose it if you dont pay the rent. The rent will carry on with real time within the game. So say a month in game is like say 1 week, the rent will be weekly.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Well tax and rent are separate, tax goes to the government and rent goes to the property owner, so if you own a building and rent it out to other players, you are the land lord and the landlord should pay the property tax since they are the owner. If you own the property you don't pay rent to anyone, but you have to pay the property tax. 

I think it should work out like this: The rent will be automaticly taken from your bank account if you don't log in at the time but if there is no money the system will allow up to 48 hours to log in and get money to pay the rent.

Orrrr, paying rent etc should be roleplayed for an example somebody can go easy with the dude he is renting the house to.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think it should work out like this: The rent will be automaticly taken from your bank account if you don't log in at the time but if there is no money the system will allow up to 48 hours to log in and get money to pay the rent.

Orrrr, paying rent etc should be roleplayed for an example somebody can go easy with the dude he is renting the house to.

I think that first option is perfect, and also the owner should be able to set the price for rent so you can give your friends a discount or something

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I think you have X time to pay the "ownership tax", which is low but exists so game registers you as an active player. If the money was just extracted from your bank, a millionaire could own a house for a very long time without logging in at all.

I think it would be closer to once a week or once every 2 weeks, but not sure, honestly.

• Like 1