AndrewDonaldson

Day and Night Cycles?

Day and Night Cycles

I assume there are day and night cycles, but are day longer than night or...? Also, how long roughly is day and night? If it hasn't been decided yet, how long do you guys reckon they should go for?

There's no info how long each will last. Private servers will most likely be able to adjust it, as well as the level of darkness. On official servers nights will be dark but to the point where you still see rather clearly. 

I think the 24 hour day should last about 3h-5h or so, with day time being about 65-80 of it. I'd want there to be times likes dusk, twilight, evening etc, so the time would pass smoothly. 

56 minutes ago, Vix said:

There's no info how long each will last. Private servers will most likely be able to adjust it, as well as the level of darkness. On official servers nights will be dark but to the point where you still see rather clearly. 

I think the 24 hour day should last about 3h-5h or so, with day time being about 65-80 of it. I'd want there to be times likes dusk, twilight, evening etc, so the time would pass smoothly. 

But this is made by the same developers of Atlis Life, so won't that mean that the day and night cycles will be longer? Or maybe I have no idea what i am talking about. 

I would like there to be long nights, just because crime is obviously done more at night, than day. Can't for the streets to be filled with shady criminals and their underlings!

As I understand it the developers are very focused on making cars, weapons etc. very realistic in operation and performance.
They might let the real world inspire them when designing the environment.

If they place the Identity map somewhere around 50 - 55 degrees latitude north or south the days will be long in the summer and the nights will be long in the winter.. Everybody wins :D

That is of course only if they choose to implement seasons. With a 5 hour day you will experience everything within 2.5 real months.

17 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

It it wouldn't be freaking amazing if they added seasons. 

So you would prefer the developers spent their time on something more useful. I totally understand.