Alex77

Police Vehicles

Question

Can every police officer customization police vehicles?(change lightbars,bumpers,sirens,interior lights,etc..)

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Alex77 said:

Can every police officer customization police vehicles?(change lightbars,bumpers,sirens,interior lights,etc..)

Once again: wrong forums to post this in. After 75 posts I'd expect you to know where to post what question/remark. :)

To answer: I highly doubt it. I know they emphasis on deep vehicle customization, but this shouldn't be the case on law enforcement vehicles. They should be uniform. A cruiser is a cruiser and should always look like the same cruiser. Same for police vans, trucks, etc. Civilian players SHOULD always be able to recognize a cop car instantly and without a doubt.

15 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Once again: wrong forums to post this in. After 75 posts I'd expect you to know where to post what question/remark. :)

To answer: I highly doubt it. I know they emphasis on deep vehicle customization, but this shouldn't be the case on law enforcement vehicles. They should be uniform. A cruiser is a cruiser and should always look like the same cruiser. Same for police vans, trucks, etc. Civilian players SHOULD always be able to recognize a cop car instantly and without a doubt.

You sure? we cant change our police vehicle lights and sirens? i hope they will change it,its good to see different lightbars around the city. 

If you have 20 types of one van, 20 types of one cruiser, etc. It will be hard for civilians to recognize a law enforcement vehicle AT FIRST GLANCE. We're there to serve them, not to make them guess if what is driving towards them is a police cruiser or not. If you cannot understand that, I have no other way of making this clear to you.

In real life there are rules concerning this. A cop may not customize his vehicle other than perhaps installing a mediocre cup-holder. Lol.
In your case it's more like: What you prefer vs. what makes sense. And I do hope the developers make logical choices according to that.

No one country using more than 6-7 different vehicles for crusiers and vans,but chief of police can choose what police vehicles should be look like in real life. se he decides. but true i agree that police officer shouldn't be allowed to customize vehicles but only the highest rank of police (chief). When vehicle got skin,lightbar,lights can be recognize from the citizen that this is a police vehicle. When you see a vehicle that have lightbar police skins you cant say that this is not a police veh. 

Edited by Alex77

9 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

No one country using more than 6-7 different vehicles for crusiers and vans,but chief of police can choose what police vehicles should be look like in real life. se he decides. but true i agree that police officer should be allowed to customize vehicles but only the highest rank of police (chief). When vehicle got skin,lightbar,lights can be recognize from the citizen that this is a police vehicle. When you see a vehicle that have lightbar police skins you cant that this is not a police veh. 

Well in big countries they do. Like the U.S.A., they have different vehicles per state. Often different brands even.

I could live with the idea that ONLY the commissioner is allowed to choose the lights, livery, etc. But that then has to be the same for every vehicle of that type. So officers themselves shouldn't be allowed to choose.

Edit: It could be an ambulance or firetruck? In your rear view mirror 100's of meters behind going at speed, it would be advisable being able to recognize WHICH type of emergency vehicle is approaching you. Having everyone customize their own, will kick this general WORLD-WIDE adapted principle right in the nut-sack.

Edited by Genesai

18 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

No one country using more than 6-7 different vehicles for crusiers and vans,but chief of police can choose what police vehicles should be look like in real life. se he decides. but true i agree that police officer shouldn't be allowed to customize vehicles but only the highest rank of police (chief). When vehicle got skin,lightbar,lights can be recognize from the citizen that this is a police vehicle. When you see a vehicle that have lightbar police skins you cant say that this is not a police veh. 

I agree with Alex here, no need to add more

• Like 1

Police,Fire dept,ems using different styles of vehicles,lightbars,and sirens too,how could you not recognize what emergency service you have 100m behing of you(and i am not talking only for you but to everyone)

Edited by Alex77

The most American police dept using for crusier:

1.Ford Explorer 

2.Ford Crown

3.Chevrolet Impala

4.Chevrolet Tahoe

5.Dodge Charger

6.Ford interceptor

Vans:

1.Chevrolet Express 2500/3500

2.Ford E Series.

Sorry if i forget something between crusiers and vans.

18 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Police,Fire dept,ems using different styles of vehicles,lightbars,and sirens too,how could you not recognize what emergency service you have 100m behing of you(and i am not talking only for you but to everyone)

I do recognize them. I've been driving for 14 years (15 if you count training) and never had any issue recognizing the difference between a fire truck, ambulance, or police vehicles (or tow truck for that matter), neither on small roads or busy highways. And why is that? Because they are all forced on using the same livery, light bars, bull-bars, etc. per type of service. 

I have no idea on how old you are, Alex77, unless your username gives your age away. But in my experience split-seconds of quick apprehension of a situation, is key in such moments. I'll react different if an ambulance or firetruck will try to get past me, or if an officer is wanting to pull me over. If certain customizations of police vans make them look like ambulances, and/or the other way around, this will make things confusing at first glace. Hence the real life rules on this too. I know a few officers in real life (in Belgium though), and none have ever customized their cruiser or van. I can't image them even considering it.

3 hours ago, Genesai said:

I do recognize them. I've been driving for 14 years (15 if you count training) and never had any issue recognizing the difference between a fire truck, ambulance, or police vehicles (or tow truck for that matter), neither on small roads or busy highways. And why is that? Because they are all forced on using the same livery, light bars, bull-bars, etc. per type of service. 

I have no idea on how old you are, Alex77, unless your username gives your age away. But in my experience split-seconds of quick apprehension of a situation, is key in such moments. I'll react different if an ambulance or firetruck will try to get past me, or if an officer is wanting to pull me over. If certain customizations of police vans make them look like ambulances, and/or the other way around, this will make things confusing at first glace. Hence the real life rules on this too. I know a few officers in real life (in Belgium though), and none have ever customized their cruiser or van. I can't image them even considering it.

i am 20 years old. Good for you that you can recognize if its ems,police or fire dept,sure you react different if a police responding or ems responding but all that we have to do is pull over to help them! :)