FlyingDuck

My own animation company [Not advertising]

So I am starting my own animation business or well that is my main dream and my goal is to air one episode.

However the road is long to reach! And I need a set of skills before I can accomplish it. I know it is gonna be hard going from prob. 2d to 3d with modelling, sound and video and even script. It is all worth it as I really want the viewers to enjoy themself as much as I do.

I am offering my educational year to choose art, design and arkitecture and I hope I can improve on my drawings skills.

I will probably begin with making manga at first to then gather some people and hopefully use the rest of my educational life on learning animation however that is risky move as the animation business is so small yet so open. Urh. Makes me un-motivated.

So the reason I am making this post is to gather, not motivation but maybe tips about softwares for 3D modelling and so on, or even business-related tips such as scheduals or even drawings tips.

I have a graphic tablet already with the software Manga Studio 5, and Photoshop cs6. But I totally need tips and hints on different things if you know any so yeah.

Well, I have already found a name for the business, it is gonna be named; Cloud Production

Best regards Leander aka FlyingDuck and so on with the Aka's.

Thank you all for viewing this c:

• Like 2

Tip #1: Hire People

Whether it is a friend or somebody you need to pay for, hire somebody.

its-dangerous-to-go-alone-take-this.jpg.

Ok, maybe not right now, but eventually you should. If you can follow through with this, I will watch that episode. Not much, but something.

5 hours ago, Vix said:

I wanna do voice overs! :D

1 hour ago, JohnMacklin said:

I can be a voice actor if you want, and if you want to hear meh voice msg me a TS server of somthing

Well, I appreciate it but I don't think your voices will contain a nice english voice of a teenager or 18 year old person in 10 years however I do appreciate it much!

This is a long process for me to learn. I need to learn all these things, and still succeed with a loan from the bank to start up on.

I'm new to the forums so I've never met you, but I wanted to wish you luck. I know how hard it is to learn these skills because I've just started to teach myself how to use Blender this past week. It's great to have dreams, but I'm also learning pretty quickly that the hardest part is finding motivation. Don't worry about the problems you might face in the future before taking the first step. (Put that in a fortune cookie...) I tend to back myself into a corner, worrying about things that are completely out of my control, which is mostly a way for me to make excuses to avoid doing something I'm afraid of failing at. Good on you for taking the time to build your skills from the ground up. 
(All done with the motivation you didn't ask for, haha.)

I recommend trying blender because it's free, which for me was good because I'm a recent graduate struggling to find work. Who knows, I may be terrible at 3D animation. $1,000+ is a terrible price for me to pay for disappointment. There are so many Blender tutorials floating around online that it's a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to get into the habit of completing a tutorial a day, but the learning curve is a bit steep. I had to go to multiple places to find out how to repair a hole in my mesh, but the only fix I found (and understood) looked a little off. One day I'll figure out the right way to fix it. One day... lol.

Also, sorry for so much text! 

55 minutes ago, Bambi said:

I'm new to the forums so I've never met you, but I wanted to wish you luck. I know how hard it is to learn these skills because I've just started to teach myself how to use Blender this past week. It's great to have dreams, but I'm also learning pretty quickly that the hardest part is finding motivation. Don't worry about the problems you might face in the future before taking the first step. (Put that in a fortune cookie...) I tend to back myself into a corner, worrying about things that are completely out of my control, which is mostly a way for me to make excuses to avoid doing something I'm afraid of failing at. Good on you for taking the time to build your skills from the ground up. 
(All done with the motivation you didn't ask for, haha.)

I recommend trying blender because it's free, which for me was good because I'm a recent graduate struggling to find work. Who knows, I may be terrible at 3D animation. $1,000+ is a terrible price for me to pay for disappointment. There are so many Blender tutorials floating around online that it's a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to get into the habit of completing a tutorial a day, but the learning curve is a bit steep. I had to go to multiple places to find out how to repair a hole in my mesh, but the only fix I found (and understood) looked a little off. One day I'll figure out the right way to fix it. One day... lol.

Also, sorry for so much text! 

Don't worry about the text, it is lovely and large ;)

Thank you so much! I will check out blender and have a look at what it can offer me!

I have a trait that I always plan 10 years ahead. Literally.

Yesterday I hired a chief(...) I want him to cook breakfast, lunch/dinner meal and a late snack to the people staying late in the office.

I mean literally. I haven't even fucking taken my degree yet. Nor moved to Japan. Nor even learned Japanese. 

I haven't even made a single product yet I have kind of booked two illustrators and one chief.

I am also planning the financial problems about renting so I have begun buying stocks in shit I know will rise. 

Why am I always planning ahead before even beginning for real. Urh, oh well. Would be fun to see how this all turns out.

On 2/17/2016 at 10:05 PM, FlyingDuck said:

I am also planning the financial problems about renting so I have begun buying stocks in shit I know will rise. 

Surprise! All your stocks are now worthless!

Honestly though, damn, you got your life worked out there my friend. Well, I wish you all my luck.

On 19.2.2016 at 0:49 AM, Jaxx_On said:

Surprise! All your stocks are now worthless!

Honestly though, damn, you got your life worked out there my friend. Well, I wish you all my luck.

Yeah, guess I do.

Don't worry about the stock owning shit and so on. I will work that out.

Well, I got to wait around 6 years to finally begin a bit of work. damnit.