Preston_bodhi_343

members reputation

hello fair people, just a quick question i'm not sure if it should be in the general section so i apologize in advance.

what does members reputation do and can someone provide me with a rough list of how many posts you need to contribute to/ create to increase it and what the threshold is i.e 20 posts= 5 reputation.

thanks in advance for any answers

7 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

hello fair people, just a quick question i'm not sure if it should be in the general section so i apologize in advance.

what does members reputation do and can someone provide me with a rough list of how many posts you need to contribute to/ create to increase it and what the threshold is i.e 20 posts= 5 reputation.

thanks in advance for any answers

The members reputation is people liking your posts. They like your post if you give quality answers, if they like what you said in general and maybe if you just add to the contribution. Don't ask directly for people to like your posts, but instead say "Please leave a like if I have answered a question, or helped in anyway."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The members reputation is people liking your posts. They like your post if you give quality answers, if they like what you said in general and maybe if you just add to the contribution. Don't ask directly for people to like your posts, but instead say "Please leave a like if I have answered a question, or helped in anyway."

thank you for clarifying this for me, I've left a like as you've helped me  

28 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Don't ask directly for people to like your posts, but instead say "Please leave a like if I have answered a question, or helped in anyway."

People will either like your post or not like your post.

There is nothing more irritating than peeps begging for likes. So just say your stuff an leave it as that I say. It's not a competition.

Edited by nicko2u
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nicko2u said:

People will either like your post or not like your post.

There is nothing more irritating than peeps begging for likes. So just say your stuff an leave it as that I say.

I didn't mean add it in the post, I have it in my "Signature" and that is where it should be. However people will like your post if they want to and if not then they won't, as that is right, but there is no harm in having that on your signature.

@Preston_bodhi_343

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I didn't mean add it in the post, I have it in my "Signature" and that is where it should be. However people will like your post if they want to and if not then they won't, as that is right, but there is no harm in having that on your signature.

ok, maybe you should of said that then, also long signatures can really make it confusing for people :) trying to follow a thread.All good. Just trying to help. This forum seems to be same as TLD forum only more relaxed on what you say.

Edited by nicko2u

4 minutes ago, nicko2u said:

ok, maybe you should of said that then, also long signatures can really make it confusing for people :) trying to follow a thread.

I tried to remove the bottom one and make it to a URL link instead but the max is 3 and so the other ones are as the links instead. I wanted to make them all links; like also add the links to the Q&A's too but it is not possible as i said I maxed out.

13 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I tried to remove the bottom one and make it to a URL link instead but the max is 3 and so the other ones are as the links instead. I wanted to make them all links; like also add the links to the Q&A's too but it is not possible as i said I maxed out.

hrm ok maybe you just like big signatures? lol

• Like 1

Thank god, reputation and number of posts are not related.

I think that all internet forums would be infinitely better if posts count was completely removed. I can't think of anything possitive about this number, but I can easily think of a number of bad side effects. People make a competition of anything that has numbers, and that is bad for a forum, like all that single-word-posts that clutters threads, like that stupid sense of entitlement feeling like "I've written three gazillion posts, therefore I'm right and you are wrong", and I could probably go on.

On the contrary, I would leave the 'likes'. Only likes but no reference to total posts count. That would encourage members to write quality and and try at least to come up with help or to bring something new to the conversation.

Edited by Phiedrus
grammar
  • Like 2