Xenaetus

The Ability To Dream

Hey Yo guys i'm new here so pardon me if i do anything wrong ^^

So i just thought that it would be cool if we had the ability to dream and not realizing that until we wake up, dreams can contribute to the game in many ways :

-Lucid dreaming is certainly going to boost the fun as the players will be able to control their dreams and do supernatural things.

-Nightmares -as the game doesn't have much of a horror side to it XD-

-Daydreaming can help as meditation and would probably help the player picture the consequences of a decision they're about to make in order to avoid any type of loss (big firm contract or whatever).

-Prophetic dreams as a trailer to a big event to come or idk XD.

-Life changing dreams can warn the player that they aren't made for that career and they should choose another one where they will probably be more contributing.

-Visitation dreams where the player can talk to their deceased loved ones (people or animals) and maybe people in coma (i don't even know if this is available in game XD.)

I could go on but you got the point dreams are cool xDD 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Xenaetus said:

So i just thought that it would be cool if we had the ability to dream and not realizing that until we wake up, dreams can contribute to the game in many ways :

-Lucid dreaming is certainly going to boost the fun as the players will be able to control their dreams and do supernatural things.

-Daydreaming can help as meditation and would probably help the player picture the consequences of a decision they're about to make in order to avoid any type of loss (big firm contract or whatever).

-Life changing dreams can warn the player that they aren't made for that career and they should choose another one where they will probably be more contributing.

-Visitation dreams where the player can talk to their deceased loved ones (people or animals) and maybe people in coma (i don't even know if this is available in game XD.)

Love the ideas, but I don't think other than the lucid dreaming and nightmares that any of the other ones should be a thing. Yeah they are all good ideas but I think in general they all will be hard to implement.

12 hours ago, Xenaetus said:

I like this idea! I think it may work better, though, if you don't dream every night, and you can't control when you dream(just like in real life). It would kind of be up to chance if you have a dream/nightmare.

For example, if you go to sleep on a regular, uneventful night, you have like a 5% chance of having a dream (So the entire server isn't in some alternate dream state every night). However, if you take a certain drug, or drank too much alcohol, something along those lines, you increase your chance of having a dream or nightmare. Also, certain drugs or events could influence having a good dream, rather than a nightmare. So maybe if you witness a death, or you are involved in a violent crime for the first time, you would increase your chances of having a nightmare, rather than a nice and fluffy dream. On the other hand, if you received a promotion or made a new friend, then you have a higher chance of having a nice and fluffy dream!

Then, if you do end up in a dream or nightmare, you are in some kind of different version of the game (Kind of how being in prison is a game inside a game) and you are in that dream for a certain amount of time and that dream/nightmare reflects your response to events that happened in the actual game (As an added bonus, if you realize that you are dreaming, you're granted some temporary god-like powers that you can play around with in your dream, kind of like a sandbox).

Once you wake up from said dream/nightmare, depending if it was a dream or nightmare, you could have a negative or positive buff, that could possibly affect you at your job or when socializing with others. So if you had a good dream, you may perform better at work, but if you had a nightmare, you may make mistakes when working. I hope this kind of makes sense, I may be all over the place though o.e But yeah, that is my suggestion if they were to implement dreaming. :D 

9 hours ago, Hatoful said:

I like this idea! I think it may work better, though, if you don't dream every night, and you can't control when you dream(just like in real life). It would kind of be up to chance if you have a dream/nightmare.

For example, if you go to sleep on a regular, uneventful night, you have like a 5% chance of having a dream (So the entire server isn't in some alternate dream state every night). However, if you take a certain drug, or drank too much alcohol, something along those lines, you increase your chance of having a dream or nightmare. Also, certain drugs or events could influence having a good dream, rather than a nightmare. So maybe if you witness a death, or you are involved in a violent crime for the first time, you would increase your chances of having a nightmare, rather than a nice and fluffy dream. On the other hand, if you received a promotion or made a new friend, then you have a higher chance of having a nice and fluffy dream!

Then, if you do end up in a dream or nightmare, you are in some kind of different version of the game (Kind of how being in prison is a game inside a game) and you are in that dream for a certain amount of time and that dream/nightmare reflects your response to events that happened in the actual game (As an added bonus, if you realize that you are dreaming, you're granted some temporary god-like powers that you can play around with in your dream, kind of like a sandbox).

Once you wake up from said dream/nightmare, depending if it was a dream or nightmare, you could have a negative or positive buff, that could possibly affect you at your job or when socializing with others. So if you had a good dream, you may perform better at work, but if you had a nightmare, you may make mistakes when working. I hope this kind of makes sense, I may be all over the place though o.e But yeah, that is my suggestion if they were to implement dreaming. :D 

Yes! thank you for clarifying, i just had the idea and didn't think of how to implement it, on the contrary i see you have given it some thought good job! :D 

6 minutes ago, Xenaetus said:

Yes! thank you for clarifying, i just had the idea and didn't think of how to implement it, on the contrary i see you have given it some thought good job! :D 

I guess it would sort of be like a hallucination. Have character traits with fear and those would be your nightmares that you have to live. And have aspiration traits that let you live out your wildest dreams.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xenaetus said:

@Cornholio Thanks bro, awesome band indeed, rip foREVer

I definitely have something to talk to you about.

46 minutes ago, Xenaetus said:

for sure bro ;) :D

I was starting a band and I need some band mates. Wanted to see if you were interested 

16 hours ago, Cornholio said:

I was starting a band and I need some band mates. Wanted to see if you were interested 

ig or irl ? if it's in game definitely mate i'm with you!

37 minutes ago, Xenaetus said:

ig or irl ? if it's in game definitely mate i'm with you!

In game for sure. Just got a question for you. Are you a drummer?

1 hour ago, Cornholio said:

In game for sure. Just got a question for you. Are you a drummer?

No i play lead guitar :/ but we can figure something out u know

29 minutes ago, Xenaetus said:

No i play lead guitar :/ but we can figure something out u know

You play IRL?