EdwardOutcast

Racing and Vehicle Customization

Hello, I've been following the project for a while now and part of the reason is how this game can create an active racing community, illegally and legally.

In ArmA 3 life and GTA Online racing has become a regular street activity, on the former it's mostly considered an illegal activity, with car chases and fines being applied.

Personally the current customization system for player houses and clothing could be implemented in vehicles wonderfully, allowing Identity to have an interesting racing/petrolhead scenario, with car meets, custom decals and tunning (this one was sorta teased in the gameplay videos).

Apart from the customization, a proper racing setup for both illegal street racing and legal track day could be applied in order to facilitate betting/rewards, position tracking and even allowing for interesting police vs racers scenarios in case of street racing.

Anyway, these are my views, feel free to add more ideas regarding this topic.

If they do add suped up cars, then any joe that has enough money to buy a car will upgrade it and make it look rediculious. Too many cars will be going around looking all upgraded and ready for a race. In real life 99% of cars don't look like this. I suggest if this were to happen, maybe it is only a few little things that will help in racing, but are not road legal. Eg. drag tires, slanted wheels, ect. Maybe you have an advantage with these, but you risk getting a ticket or your car being impounded or losing a licence. 

• Like 1

The car customising will be in-depth and I have seen mentioned that they will have many different tire types including off road tires.

• Like 2