Sporan

Court Cases

I looked around and couldn't find an answer, but forgive me if I just missed it.

How will court cases / trials be handled in this game? I read that there will be a player jury which is really neat, but will the other roles be filled by players as well? (Prosecutor, Defense Attorney, Judge, Bailiff, etc.)

Also will there be civil lawyers for coporations, citizens, etc, aside from just criminal laws? Basically can you sue a company or person?

Thank you! :)

33 minutes ago, Sporan said:

How will court cases / trials be handled in this game? I read that there will be a player jury which is really neat, but will the other roles be filled by players as well? (Prosecutor, Defense Attorney, Judge, Bailiff, etc.)

Yes

34 minutes ago, Sporan said:

Also will there be civil lawyers for coporations, citizens, etc, aside from just criminal laws? Basically can you sue a company or person?

If there's going to be a court system, I don't see why not. :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Yes

If there's going to be a court system, I don't see why not. :)

Great! Thanks for the response!

1 hour ago, Sporan said:

Great! Thanks for the response!

No problem. Are you planning on being a lawyer or something?

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xaero said:

No problem. Are you planning on being a lawyer or something?

That's the plan! Or at least, the one I currently have in mind. Seems a little different than being a cop, and it's what I'm learning about IRL. Also it'd be fun to perhaps work with detectives and other law enforcement.

On 1/22/2017 at 3:55 AM, Sporan said:

That's the plan! Or at least, the one I currently have in mind. Seems a little different than being a cop, and it's what I'm learning about IRL. Also it'd be fun to perhaps work with detectives and other law enforcement.

Ah. Well keep in touch! I might need you later on.

And by the way, it looks like your job is already halfway done. Everyone is publicly announcing their involvement in the mafia all over the forums. 

25 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Ah. Well keep in touch! I might need you later on.

And by the way, it looks like your job is already halfway done. Everyone is publicly announcing their involvement in the mafia all over the forums. 

Haha I noticed. I'd rather them keep it on the down low, give me a little challenge. But I wouldn't meta anything on the forums for the sake of roleplay :D

4 hours ago, Sporan said:

Haha I noticed. I'd rather them keep it on the down low, give me a little challenge. But I wouldn't meta anything on the forums for the sake of roleplay :D

I would indeed highly advise against that; a wrongful accusation of one of the esteemed inhabitants of our beautiful island might have dire consequences for, let's say, your career. And obviously, all you can make at this point are wrongful accusations. The people on this forum are simply playing a 'forum game' and have to the best of my knowledge no involvement in any crime family.

( ;)

7 hours ago, Xilion said:

I would indeed highly advise against that; a wrongful accusation of one of the esteemed inhabitants of our beautiful island might have dire consequences for, let's say, your career. And obviously, all you can make at this point are wrongful accusations. The people on this forum are simply playing a 'forum game' and have to the best of my knowledge no involvement in any crime family.

( ;)

Fully aware of that, I'd hate to make a wrongful accusation against the wrong parties. However once able, the sweet taste of justice will be exacted against the truly guilty. But in the meantime, guilty until proven innocent ;D

• Like 1