Sign in to follow this  
hollow

Volume Control

VOLUME LIMITER 

So I dont know if anyone's thought of this but I think a solid volume control is really needed, not just a turn it down and everything is more quit. but like a volume cap or a voice volume limiter. We all have friends online with loud mics and some with quit mics. No one wants to turn their volume up to listen to someone who talks in a quit manner just to have the loud Kid running up scream " HEY GUYS, WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT, CAN I JOIN". Its not fun for anyone so i feel like a limiter to the straight volume would be nice so that the guys yelling and screaming are just as loud if not quiter than the guy just talking right next to you. instead of never being able to have your headset volume at a level that you want.

17 minutes ago, hollow said:

VOLUME LIMITER 

So I don't know if anyone's thought of this but I think a solid volume control is really needed, not just a turn it down and everything is more quit. but like a volume cap or a voice volume limiter. We all have friends online with loud mics and some with quit mics. No one wants to turn their volume up to listen to someone who talks in a quit manner just to have the loud Kid running up scream " HEY GUYS, WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT, CAN I JOIN". Its not fun for anyone so i feel like a limiter to the straight volume would be nice so that the guys yelling and screaming are just as loud if not quieter than the guy just talking right next to you. instead of never being able to have your headset volume at a level that you want.

they will probably  put this in don't worry.

41 minutes ago, hollow said:

VOLUME LIMITER 

So I dont know if anyone's thought of this but I think a solid volume control is really needed, not just a turn it down and everything is more quit. but like a volume cap or a voice volume limiter. We all have friends online with loud mics and some with quit mics. No one wants to turn their volume up to listen to someone who talks in a quit manner just to have the loud Kid running up scream " HEY GUYS, WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT, CAN I JOIN". Its not fun for anyone so i feel like a limiter to the straight volume would be nice so that the guys yelling and screaming are just as loud if not quiter than the guy just talking right next to you. instead of never being able to have your headset volume at a level that you want.

I believe it will work like real life, if someone shouts at a distance it will be quieter than being right next to you. Not too sure on this. @HairyGrenade

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I believe it will work like real life, if someone shouts at a distance it will be quieter than being right next to you. Not too sure on this. @HairyGrenade

That's what I'm afraid of, Someone shouting right next to you lol. Like No one wants to have their ears bleeding from some loud mouth. Like Team speak and Discord have something similar in their systems where the sound gets to a selected level of volume and then lowers the out put volume accordingly to keep it at the original selected volume.

But yeah almost any game with proximity voice is already like that where it gets more quit the further it is away form you. 

Edited by hollow

The perfect way to do this would be to compress everyones voices so that the louder people get's lowered and the quiter ones get's turned up. And then of course if you are further away you will sound way quiter and distant.