WhtGhstBlckGhst

Guns, easels, work benches...

Right so with easels and painting can we own multiple or as many as we want "depending on floor space" (cant seem to find exact quote but I thought someone had mentioned when placing items or furniture in your home you can place as many as you want as long as there is floor space. Correct me if you know what I'm talking about please.) or is the easel a "workbench" item allowing us only one. If it is a work bench item I can only assume there will be multiple kinds of work benches allowing us to craft in small portions items such as: pottery, glass blowing, (for lack of a better example, glass blowing is no small task) etc. This would imply "work benching":

"Housing is also valuable for moderate crafting, too. Some advanced recipes might require a factory, but a lot of stuff can be created at your home using special crafting tables. A hydroponics table can even be used to grow small-scale plants, legal or otherwise!"

Still in regards to painting I can only assume drawing will make an appearance as well. Seeing as we are able to write books and donate them to the library for all to read I assume we can also write notes or letters to each other and send them via a mailing system? If a mail system exists at some point will bill collection system be put in place as well. ( I assume a tax system is in the works for later which would imply a bill system as well.)

As far as the high level of fidelity for the weapons systems goes, are you wanting to incorporate the level of detail that the guys over at Battle State Games are putting into their game Escape From Tarkov? Will we be able to plop down on our down filled couches or locked backed rooms and break the guns down for cleaning or swapping out parts that are applicable to that weapon platform? Eventually will you be willing to take it to another level of machining and weapons manufacturing causing a whole next level of layer to PVP interaction. I understand the idea is to keep weapons few and far between to counteract random death but wouldn't that be solely up to the players who make up the law enforcement aspect of the world? Wouldn't that be their job to keep criminals from manufacturing weapons let alone getting a hold of them and distributing them/selling them in the first place?   

Edited by WhtGhstBlckGhst

Also adding to the craft tables: T shirt press, check me out. You're able to upload a drawing, painting, OR a .jpg file to the press and press the image to the T shirt. Brilliant, I'd love to see everyone running around with a T shirt that has the pic of the month on the front of it or w.e other shenanigans is created. 

• Like 1

Haha no worries man, and Devs please understand that this is my opinion, and know I haven't played Tarkov yet so I don't actually know how the gun mechanics work but I truly believe Battle State Games has created a standard when It comes to weapon development. Everything internal to the gun is its own mechanic (so they claim) and with that, if developed, comes mechanical breakdown and wear. Again that factor only exists when its coded to be so. Now if one would code weapon wear into the game and since the gun actually has internal moving parts that would cause a demand for internal replacement parts and constant user maintenance causing the idea of owning an object that is already scarce into a task.

In a way this cuts down on the random death issue. I find a pistol somehow, more than likely if I found it on the streets it's not going to be in top functioning condition from there it has now become a task of finding replacement parts, proper care and cleaning, etc. that could take who knows how long. Let alone finding the right ammo etc. W.e you guys decide to do we'll back you but the concept of a weapon is principle really, what really boils down to intention.

@WhtGhstBlckGhst You know they confirmed that the guns will break over constant use and time, because they want to make it so even when you get a gun it won't work permanently like GTA. 

I hadn't heard that no, I kinda assumed weapons had wear and tear. Just really hoping the Devs are eventually aiming for BSGs level of weapon detailing.