Sign in to follow this  
Kyleson

Character

I've scoured through the forums, but I haven't found a question that's quite like this.

When I create a character, would I have to create a character for each individual server, or would it just be one character for all servers?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DROSE said:

I've scoured through the forums, but I haven't found a question that's quite like this.

When I create a character, would I have to create a character for each individual server, or would it just be one character for all servers?

Each individual private server but I think they may have the official servers synced at a point @HairyGrenade can confirm if this is correct or not.

• Like 1

I've wondered this too, more so along the lines of how it would effect the integrity of the prison/punishment system.

So man gets imprisoned, doesn't want to wait out his characters sentence, creates new character, then what? Gets to reestablish himself then try the crime again from a different angle?

I do agree with mans post (sorry cant think of reference or find source) about how your crimes should follow you around, like a record yeah? I agree with that to an extent. There should still be a system in place like "the right to be forgotten" argument where AT SOME POINT an arrest record or crime record can be expunged. Or if you're not willing to wait it out and be a good lad/lass you can hire or befriend a hacker to erase the record. Maybe that's noticed by another player that's a cop. Leaves that angle open, thus creating a risk. OR maybe you just so happen to know someone that works for the cops that will delete the record for you. etc.... 

The possibilities really are endless when you provide players with the tools and format and say "Here you go, now coexist." Point being playing the waiting game will add that layer of realism which in turn adds the layer of punishment, which is in this case, time.