Sign in to follow this  
Kyleson

Video Chat

I think having a video-chat application in your in-game cellphone would be a neat feature. Imagine - doing video-chat with your friends, similar to that of Facetime or Google Hangouts.  You could be at the beach, while your friend is in Roseport and you wanna show them how beautiful the beach is. Or, you're doing urban-exploration and you wanna show your friend the abandoned building. The possibilities are endless.   It's not a must, but I think it would make the game even more immersive.

7 minutes ago, DROSE said:

I think having a video-chat application in your in-game cellphone would be a neat feature. Imagine - doing video-chat with your friends, similar to that of Facetime or Google Hangouts.  You could be at the beach, while your friend is in Roseport and you wanna show them how beautiful the beach is. Or, you're doing urban-exploration and you wanna show your friend the abandoned building. The possibilities are endless.   It's not a must, but I think it would make the game even more immersive.

Sadly that won't be available because camera assets are very expensive to network. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

Sadly that won't be available because camera assets are very expensive to network. 

Perhaps if more people purchase the game, it can be possible. Like I said, it's not a must-feature, but I would like for it to be considered.....

10 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Actually the camera feature will already be in the game. In the Identity Overview video they say that you will be able to stream live videos from other players playing Identity. 

53 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

Actually the camera feature will already be in the game. In the Identity Overview video they say that you will be able to stream live videos from other players playing Identity. 

Yes cameras will be on the smartphone for pictures and such but there isn't going to be a FaceTime feature. When he says that, he's talking about watching other streamers on your computer.

2 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Yes cameras will be on the smartphone for pictures and such but there isn't going to be a FaceTime feature. When he says that, he's talking about watching other streamers on your computer.

Are you sure he isn't meaning watching footage from in-game? His words were "A television you can actually watch streaming gameplay of other people playing Identity at any given time".

6 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

Are you sure he isn't meaning watching footage from in-game? His words were "A television you can actually watch streaming gameplay of other people playing Identity at any given time".

Yes, not live video from inside the game, but actual twitch streams that are embedded into the game. :)

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

Yes, not live video from inside the game, but actual twitch streams that are embedded into the game. :)

Oh well, really thought he ment footage from inside the game.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you got this wrong.

When I read it it was pretty clear he wanted to be able to IN GAME face time with friends. So that if your friend is on the other side of the island and you want to show him what YOU are looking at you can facetime with an IN GAME cellphone and show IN GAME video of whatever he's pointing at.

GTAV did it plenty, theres absolutely no reason this couldnt be in the game.

6 minutes ago, Klutch said:

GTAV did it plenty, theres absolutely no reason this couldnt be in the game.

Except Rockstar North have a hell of lot more money and employees than Asylum, duh.

30 minutes ago, Klutch said:

oh well sure shut me down.
good job bud

If you are implying sarcasm in your comment then why did you make a dumb statement like that in the first place?