Sign in to follow this  
DLimit

Espionage

Question

Either a developer or a forum moderator had claimed that the game shall not consist of "undercover officers" within the game for an unknown reason. I am currently questioning the reason as to why it is unethical for the game to provide players with the opportunity to function as undercover Law enforcement officers.

In the process, I am questioning whether players are capable of functioning as agricultural, industrial, political, or militaristic espionage agents in order to serve the interests of businesses or organizations within the game. For example, one company desires to attain intelligence on a competitor's blueprint for a commodity. Thus, the company would hire an industrial or agricultural (farmers) espionage agent in order to attain intelligence on the commodity, target market, profitability etc... Also, a husband or wife may hire an espionage agent/private investigator in order to surveillance their spouse/partner for the purposes of determining whether their partner is committing any acts of infidelity against the subject. Furthermore, a political organization may hire an espionage agent in order to attain intelligence on a scandal that might be committed by an opposing political party or politician. Finally, the state may hire an espionage agent in order to conduct surveillance on the activity of Law enforcement officers in order to determine whether a Law enforcement officer is either abiding by the Law or is committing acts of corruption (ACCOUNTABILITY).

It would be extremely necessary for the game to consist of espionage agents for such purposes. "Espionage" is a role that exceeds beyond functioning as a mere "undercover Law enforcement officer" considering that the role of collecting intelligence serves the interests of numerous state and non-state actors within a variety of sectors within the game.

May one please respond to the initial question while forming a bit of feedback on the suggestion?

Edited by DLimit
Spell-check

3 answers to this question

Hello @DLimit, There will not be undercover officers in the game because the developers want to keep the line clear between cops and criminals. Mainly for balanced gameplay mechanics. 

As for the espionage agents, while that occupation may not be in the game, people can certainly hire others to gather that sort of information!

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the response. I am truthfully anticipating the ability to function as an espionage agent within the game in order to serve the interests of state and non-state actors throughout the map.

I intend to function as an espionage agent prior to retiring into a politician, author, and radio-show host of the "Proletarian Political Movement Radio Station".

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Thank you very much for the response. I am truthfully anticipating the ability to function as an espionage agent within the game in order to serve the interests of state and non-state actors throughout the map.

I intend to function as an espionage agent prior to retiring into a politician, author, and radio-show host of the "Proletarian Political Movement Radio Station".

You're welcome! After seeing this post, I'd love to be one in the game as well!