Sign in to follow this  
splintercell4eva

Questions about housing and ownership

First off this is my first post so hello! Now on to the topic: I'm a little confused as to how the real estate market is going to work. Is it going to be a system where all of the houses/apartments are instanced and you travel to them with a loading screen kind of like GTA online? I got that impression because of the housing customization video showed the inside of an elevator before walking down to the apartment. I can't see how you could do it any other way because there is obviously a limit to how big the map can be. But then again I've seen people mention on this forum about buying up real estate in the world and either trading it or using it to start your own business so how can that work when people are always coming and going on the servers? I would imagine the economy will stagnate once all of the property is bought up because no one would want to be on a server in which they could never buy property so they would just move onto another one. So I don't know maybe i just answered my own question but I'd like confirmation or a correct explanation

My second question is about backer tiers: If you are going to implement a system where anyone can host a server, how can you control how anyone gets housing or money? I guess the amount of money or property you get will be decided by each individual server. Are the Backer rewards only applicable to the official servers?

Thanks for clearing this up in advance.

Edited by splintercell4eva

9 hours ago, splintercell4eva said:

Is it going to be a system where all of the houses/apartments are instanced and you travel to them with a loading screen kind of like GTA online?

Yes it will be instanced, but no loading screens! 

I got that impression because of the housing customization video showed the inside of an elevator before walking down to the apartment.

Well the video most likely started in the elevator because they don't want to show anything before the elevator bit.

I've seen people mention on this forum about buying up real estate in the world and either trading it or using it to start your own business so how can that work when people are always coming and going on the servers? I would imagine the economy will stagnate once all of the property is bought up

Yes, you can buy property and choose to rent it out or to sell it like a real estate agent and also the economy will be from the players but yes it will slow in the real estate market.

My second question is about backer tiers: If you are going to implement a system where anyone can host a server, how can you control how anyone gets housing or money? I guess the amount of money or property you get will be decided by each individual server. Are the Backer rewards only applicable to the official servers?

The pledges will apply to all servers, so far this is how it most likely will work; you can redeem it on one official server, and on all private servers, because the private servers are not linked and so if one closes down, you won't lose the pledge attributes for other private servers. Official servers will not close and they are all linked together and so what your character impacts on one server, it happens for all official servers.

Edited by JamesLuck01