jremi

I think people misunderstand the concept.

As I've seen another user talk about it, I thought I'd make a post.

i have reason to believe that some users may misunderstand what this games concept actually is.

The type of role play that I believe Identity is aiming for, is a serious role play environment, where you literally control your characters life through your keyboard, everything you say is in character. Whether emotes are to be RP'd I'm not sure.

if I am wrong then by all means correct me :)

I think you got it all good. Most of the people think it's just a game, yeah it's easy to make, let's do this fast.. But no, to get serious roleplay, you need to get perfectly balanced mechanics.. People think this is going to be yet another GTA RP mod.

• Like 1

Sit down for a minute and consider the complexities of running/owning a server for Identity.

We're talking about putting into place all the systems you'd need for a fully functioning US State IF (note the big if there) you want to take advantage of everything this game will offer. So a political system, all your emergency services.... Fire, Medical & Police, a functioning judicial system, prison service etc etc.....think about it, it's mind boggling. The scope for this game is enormous, huge, beyond anything we've seen to date.

Or....you can rent a server and let people run around shooting each other.

I know which one I'm aiming for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jinx said:

Sit down for a minute and consider the complexities of running/owning a server for Identity.

We're talking about putting into place all the systems you'd need for a fully functioning US State IF (note the big if there) you want to take advantage of everything this game will offer. So a political system, all your emergency services.... Fire, Medical & Police, a functioning judicial system, prison service etc etc.....think about it, it's mind boggling. The scope for this game is enormous, huge, beyond anything we've seen to date.

Or....you can rent a server and let people run around shooting each other.

I know which one I'm aiming for.

I hope this game doesnt mostly become the second one everywhere you go :\ Otherwise that basically would be GTA all over again lol

1 hour ago, REDLiNE said:

I hope this game doesnt mostly become the second one everywhere you go :\ Otherwise that basically would be GTA all over again lol

My advice for that would be to find someone, who has the right idea and is smart about it, who is making their own server, and join their server. If I'm able to actually run this game id definitely make my own server. But it'd be a extremely serious role play server.

im glad that this game and community is what I had hoped.

Edited by jremi

1 hour ago, jremi said:

My advice for that would be to find someone, who has the right idea and is smart about it, who is making their own server, and join their server. If I'm able to actually run this game id definitely make my own server. But it'd be a extremely serious role play server.

im glad that this game and community is what I had hoped.

2 hours ago, REDLiNE said:

If the game is going to be as thorough as we all believe, then players are not going to turn it into GTA. 

Your not going to start with money, so you are going to need to do something to make cash legal or illegal. which means your going to need to get a job/career to feed your need to troll or kill people with guns or vehicles. guns need ammo (money) cars need repairs and gasoline  (money) you need a place to live as well, I doubt the game will lack evictions from unpaid rent.

so if all you want to do is troll or kill everyone you see, then the game itself will filter you out. rp is almost a necessity to a lasting great gaming experience with Identity. Only serious Rp gamers will get to really see what  Identity is about.

Trolls will realize early on that all the work you have to do in order to keep your stupidity alive is not worth it and give up.

The devs will keep their promises and make it even harder for trolls to get their fix with safe zones and non-pvp areas. 

There will be killings and crazy people, that's what the cops are for. I believe the only way the cops will have fun playing is if they have some crazies to track down. 

Sorry for such a long post, I just think the game will filter out the non-serious role players and the ones that manage to stay will just add to the immersion. the game needs some people that don't follow the rules.  

( and breathe ) lol

I've shared the game on communities where players like us are around, and will continue to do so, the devs can make the game, but we should help with getting the word out there that there is still a huge chance this game will be what it says it will be. I can understand from those who want a refund since the game has been in silent development for a couple years, but I still think the developers will deliver.

I'm just looking forward to committing mass homicide with my friends when we have the means to do so ;)

10 hours ago, JAWZ said:
10 hours ago, Homicyd said:

If the game is going to be as thorough as we all believe, then players are not going to turn it into GTA. 

Your not going to start with money, so you are going to need to do something to make cash legal or illegal. which means your going to need to get a job/career to feed your need to troll or kill people with guns or vehicles. guns need ammo (money) cars need repairs and gasoline  (money) you need a place to live as well, I doubt the game will lack evictions from unpaid rent.

so if all you want to do is troll or kill everyone you see, then the game itself will filter you out. rp is almost a necessity to a lasting great gaming experience with Identity. Only serious Rp gamers will get to really see what  Identity is about.

Trolls will realize early on that all the work you have to do in order to keep your stupidity alive is not worth it and give up.

The devs will keep their promises and make it even harder for trolls to get their fix with safe zones and non-pvp areas. 

There will be killings and crazy people, that's what the cops are for. I believe the only way the cops will have fun playing is if they have some crazies to track down. 

Sorry for such a long post, I just think the game will filter out the non-serious role players and the ones that manage to stay will just add to the immersion. the game needs some people that don't follow the rules.  

( and breathe ) lol

I'm just looking forward to committing mass homicide with my friends when we have the means to do so ;)

Police role play is fun in its self, traffic stops, pursuits, bank and store robberies etc.

but to be honest, I don't think mass homicide would be allowed. Killing a couple people and cops at a bank robbery yeah, but mass homocide ? I don't think many server owners will stand for that. Or Atleast the ones that have matured experience.

Edited by jremi

I agree with you jremi, 

I also think it would add to the immersion when you make detective and you have some senseless murders to solve. they said there would be a fingerprint and clue system that the police have access to. finding the murderer, presenting evidence in court and getting them a long prison term. 

Im hoping for super rp but the thing I noticed in asylum and other servers in life mods is they always have was to rdm and it be ok it was one thing in arma2 with you being robbed n getting shot for not complying but anymore its like theres rdm areas there are loopholes that make it not good rp but a tdm without nlr there are trolls who just play to ruin it for others and more and the sad part its like a gtav dev said u fix one bug another two pop up I love gunfights but I dont love rdm so my hope is that they will spend alot of time thinking about every rule before adding it to a server think about how it might effect things and do their very best to not just give a beautiful game but to help us have real rp for once 

Rules would be down to the server owners, I'm sure on the main servers which I've been told will be Casual RP, that there will be rules against it.