Greenie

How much freedom will we get with our careers, exactly?

Question

Basically, I want to know if we could hold multiple jobs or if there is going to be a more definite structure with employment. For instance, could I be running an innocent farmstand while secretly being the leader of a huge band of thieves? Will it be possible to live two lives within the game?

I imagine that our skill trees could be something like Bethesda does. Rather than choosing a "class" and getting that one skill tree, you could have access to all of them and perhaps have your experience more spread out.

14 answers to this question

I'm wondering too, can we have 2 jobs?

For example, if you own a clothing shop, can you do illegal activities within the shop? Like not only sell clothing but also drugs in secret?

3 hours ago, jremi said:

Think of a career, you'd be able to do exactly that. There may be some structured jobs but I noticed about the art that you can sell, I figure that you can do pretty much anything. For example to be a famous rapper within the world, you'll want to get yourself known, radio stations and the in game social networks will help with that.

Now I'm just thinking here...I'd be happy with perhaps having leadership in one career and lower level positions in another. I think this could be implemented naturally by having limited skill points to spend for perks in careers, so you'd have more points in the career you want to focus on and thus be further along that path.

Edited by Greenie

9 minutes ago, Greenie said:

Now I'm just thinking here...I'd be happy with perhaps having leadership in one career and lower level positions in another. I think this could be implemented naturally by having limited skill points to spend for perks in careers, so you'd have more points in the career you want to focus on and thus be further along that path.

I don't think that's what the type of gameplay the developers are looking for. I think they're aiming for if you can role play it, you can do it. For example selling drugs from a shop you own.

Edited by jremi

9 minutes ago, jremi said:

I don't think that's what the type of gameplay the developers are looking for. I think they're aiming for if you can role play it, you can do it. For example selling drugs from a shop you own.

That would be...admittedly better lol

5 minutes ago, Greenie said:

That would be...admittedly better lol

This is an RPG, not an MMORPG like the secret world, world of Warcraft. The game is literally ran by its players. The whole point of this is for immersion, having skill points would break the heavy immersion they're trying to create. 

6 minutes ago, jremi said:

This is an RPG, not an MMORPG like the secret world, world of Warcraft. The game is literally ran by its players. The whole point of this is for immersion, having skill points would break the heavy immersion they're trying to create. 

That's another thing I wondered about. In the overview video they mention having a talent tree, but it's structured a little differently. Maybe it levels organically as you play, rather than you choosing perks?

1. If Dev's want US model - they need admins characters as heads of police and medics.

2. If Dev's want fun model - they need to kill police&medics and make game option for people to create and name groups how they want. Groups craft their own currency, nominate their own law enforcements, leader, chief, governor, president, etc. Endless raids, endless war = endless fun.

We dont want endless fun, so we choose 1. Ok. Government7 If his character says that police is delited7!11

Governor is admin controlled7 Ok. Government7 A lot of players characters will work in government7 What would they do7

Greeting newbies in governor hall7 Any security7 Greeting with a rubber baton7!111

Government instructor gives driver licence paper7 No one gets driving licence without bribe... US7!11

Some involvement in purchasing/selling operations of real estate, cars, businesses7 Problems for others to get real estate, cars, businesses7 Some cooperation with admins to make real money7

Useful products/services produced by government7!111

4 hours ago, MrBot said:

1. If Dev's want US model - they need admins characters as heads of police and medics.

2. If Dev's want fun model - they need to kill police&medics and make game option for people to create and name groups how they want. Groups craft their own currency, nominate their own law enforcements, leader, chief, governor, president, etc. Endless raids, endless war = endless fun.

We dont want endless fun, so we choose 1. Ok. Government7 If his character says that police is delited7!11

Governor is admin controlled7 Ok. Government7 A lot of players characters will work in government7 What would they do7

Greeting newbies in governor hall7 Any security7 Greeting with a rubber baton7!111

Government instructor gives driver licence paper7 No one gets driving licence without bribe... US7!11

Some involvement in purchasing/selling operations of real estate, cars, businesses7 Problems for others to get real estate, cars, businesses7 Some cooperation with admins to make real money7

Useful products/services produced by government7!111

Every other life mod out there its against the rules to kill medics i see no real fun game play reason to shoot unarmed medics trying to save people 

I played alot of life mods over the 6 years and you've never been alowed to kill EMS/medics and really it should be the same here.. 

if this game anything like the arma life mods back in the day to now with all that freedom and fun 

this game will be awesome C: 

EDIT 

WAIT i get what he meant now lol 

i dont see how 2 would be a fun model.. more like a pain in the ass.. 

if anything they should have the ability for police to elect a chief of police them self's as well for civs to elect a mayor and medics elect a head medic blah blah blah

as for governor being admin controlled i don't think this is going to be like the arma life mod series but completely different  

Edited by Joe
dddddddddddd

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Every other life mod out there its against the rules to kill medics i see no real fun game play reason to shoot unarmed medics trying to save people 

I played alot of life mods over the 6 years and you've never been alowed to kill EMS/medics and really it should be the same here.. 

if this game anything like the arma life mods back in the day to now with all that freedom and fun 

this game will be awesome C: 

EDIT 

WAIT i get what he meant now lol 

i dont see how 2 would be a fun model.. more like a pain in the ass.. 

if anything they should have the ability for police to elect a chief of police them self's as well for civs to elect a mayor and medics elect a head medic blah blah blah

as for governor being admin controlled i don't think this is going to be like the arma life mod series but completely different 

I meant not admin DM medics game but Devs kill, erase, delite cops, medics, etc. as class and allow players to create their own organisations, give it own names, name job positions on their own, equip... For example group of gamers characteres creates organization called "Popeace", equips members with rubber batons and elects leader called "Governator".

Think of a career, you'd be able to do exactly that. There may be some structured jobs but I noticed about the art that you can sell, I figure that you can do pretty much anything. For example to be a famous rapper within the world, you'll want to get yourself known, radio stations and the in game social networks will help with that.

The careers are the government jobs only as such, like I mean structured in the game and yes, you can be a rapper but you need to make yourself known like @jremi said, you can be a person who runs their own business and then behind the scenes has a illegal thing going on. (e.g. at night/ after working, you run a drug running business or street racing...

• Like 1