Sign in to follow this  
Midnightwolfjackson

Survival Questions

I am curious to see what kind of survival aspects will be implemented in the game. Do ya'll think that there will be:

A food bar

A water bar

Temperature Bar

Etc?

It would be cool to have a camping system in place so that one can just go out into the wilderness, set up camp, and just enjoy the great virtual outdoors. (For when you can't go in real life because if you have the ability to go I would say go in real life.) This would be good if there was a skill tree that had to do with survival. it could put your character's survival skills to the test. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Midnightwolfjackson said:

It would be cool to have a camping system in place so that one can just go out into the wilderness, set up camp, and just enjoy the great virtual outdoors.

There will be tents / camp sites around the map. but you cannot place your tents and things because it will take too much network resources which is needed else where. This is not a survival game, but there will be a food and water bar which won't affect you e.g. kill you quickly if empty. They will just effect you in other ways. I a temperature bar won't be in this game as its useless, as it won't get hotter or colder.

6 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

There will be tents / camp sites around the map. but you cannot place your tents and things because it will take too much network resources which is needed else where. This is not a survival game, but there will be a food and water bar which won't affect you e.g. kill you quickly if empty. They will just effect you in other ways. I a temperature bar won't be in this game as its useless, as it won't get hotter or colder.

It may not be a survival game but it is supposed to be realistic. that being said a system like that would give a great level of importance to take care of your character. a hygiene bar would be cool too! 

• Like 1

On 2016-12-04 at 2:09 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

This is not a survival game, but there will be a food and water bar which won't affect you e.g. kill you quickly if empty. They will just effect you in other ways. I a temperature bar won't be in this game as its useless, as it won't get hotter or colder.

Not dying by starvation or dehydration seems like a miss as it adds to the realism of the game. It doesn't make it a survival game just because it features this since it's still easy to gather money for food, unlike regular survival games where as you need to scavenge/cook all of your food.

It's what really forces you to earn small money for food instead of just wandering around doing nothing. It also make things harder for homeless, as in real life.

Edited by Ubbe

5 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

It doesn't make it a survival game just because it features this since it's still easy to gather money for food,

I didn't say for food or water, I gave that as a example. but they don't want you to go get food all the time like a survival game does. but not having a full hunger or water bar will cause you to maybe move slower. The Temperature bar will be useless. as thats more effective in a survival game.

@JamesLuck01 Still thinks that there should be bigger consequences of not eating or drinking than walking slower etc. I'm fine if it would take a few hours, or even days, but dying should be the end result.

4 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

@JamesLuck01 Still thinks that there should be bigger consequences of not eating or drinking than walking slower etc. I'm fine if it would take a few hours, or even days, but dying should be the end result.

I am not sure but it might be like that in the end but very very very slowly the bar will drop

Indeed, the consumption of food products and water should not be the main priority within the game. However, death should be inevitable if one neglects consuming any food or water for more than a few days.

Stages:

1. Bloated (May lead to vomiting)
2. Full (Refrain from overeating food products)
3. Content (Content, yet capable of eating more food products)
4. Slight hunger (Secure, yet recommended that a player should consume a meal)
5. Hungry (Decrease in productivity)
6. Starving (Decrease in productivity while being at the brink of undergoing health issues)
7. Malnourished/Famished (Health issues begin to arise, resulting in the inability to even walk at a normal rate)
8. Clinical (MUST travel to a hospital or contact the local EMS)
9. Unconscious (A witness or bystander must report that the player has been unconscious in order to be revived with medical treatment)

10. Dead (Loss of a small percentage of wealth)

The first five stages should remain common as long as one consumes meals on a daily basis. However, subjects should "starve" if individuals labour extensively without consuming any water or food products throughout the entire day. Finally, subjects shall be malnourished for refraining from consuming any food products for more than a few days. Eventually, it shall be clinical to the extent that one should seek medical assistance due to the lack of nutrition within one's body. Otherwise, the subject shall be unconscious prior to undergoing death.

One should be expected to consume nutritional food products, as-well. One cannot merely survive on consuming cookies and cakes throughout the entire week. 

Edited by DLimit
Clarification on the argument
  • Like 1