Sign in to follow this  
Kindergarden_dropout

Reliability of developers

Question

I just recently discovered this game, and it intrigues me. I love the concept, and would love to pledge some money to support development and get beta access, but I'm very wary of pre ordering anything, especially with recent fiascos like No Man's Sky, and my biggest regret, The Crew. So, my question to the community is: Do you feel the developers have the passion and honesty to make the game they say they want to make? Do you feel this is just going to be another cash grab like No Man's sky? Or do you believe in the developers and their vision? This is a very ambitious project, and I'd gladly support it if the community believes in the team behind the game.

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

17 hours ago, TakeiT said:

The more investors the game gets the faster it gets pushed out and the more motivation the developers have.

Incorrect, They have the motivation because it's their dream game too, this is how passionate they are; they declined offers from the publishers who approached them as they felt that the game would be taken over/ changed drastically as to their imagination. e.g. the publishers wanted likee 90% control over development or some sh*t like that and well if they took the deal, it would of been another "No Mans Sky" as because they would have got a lot of money for the game and well things would not be how we have the game visioned. 

These developers stated at kickstarter if they did not succeed in getting their goal then they would still carry on the development but it would take a lot longer to do it. They did not like the idea of the publishers to push out their game half finished and or changed in anyway e.g.(features)

• Like 2

Nobody can say yes or no.  The game isn't for sure until it's actually released.  Think of it as an investment, which really is what it is.  The more investors the game gets the faster it gets pushed out and the more motivation the developers have.  They just posted a video that is a huge step in the right direction, and even I was quite wiry until that came out.

I hope so, same reason why I don't think I'll pre order until beta. Games like the war z I have bought before and look where they are now.. It's gone through 3 different developers and still the worst mmo on the market. I just hope they meet their own expectations as well as ours. This game could be huge, which would be great for the RP scene since I'm not aware of anything like this concept of a game where it's strictly role play, especially with the "literal freedom"

I was definitely very wary as well. I'm a console gamer, and the moment i seen Identity, I HAD to be a part of it...I spent money i didnt have, to get a really good gaming rig, and made a hefty pledge to do as much as I can personally, to help Identity come to fruition. I havent been this excited for a game since my socom days. I'm dreading learning to operate a pc, but I'm that excited about Identity. It's a big risk I'm taking, but sometimes you gotta have faith. If there was ever a time to take a chance...I would say Identity is a good bet...