Sign in to follow this  
demonhope

Will this game be ruined for me?

You see, I know this will be a very strong roleplaying game and whatnot, but my problem is that I kind of live in a very loud area and whatnot and probably won't be able to use my microphone as much. I REALLY love the concept of this game and definitely will be buying it when it comes out, but I'm curious if it will be ruined for me because of the lack of microphone? I mean, will there be at least text chat? I know it's very roleplay to use text chat, but man I want to at least get into this game in some kind of form.

Edited by demonhope

I think there will be text chat. No one is forcing you to use a mic and although it will decrease the immersion of your gameplay not all RP games are spoken with the voice. Ive been in an Elder Scrolls Online RP guild for about 2 years now and we just type. Its a lot easier to type out your characters voice than try to mask it yourself.

*Herzog raises his pipe from his mouth before yelling*

"Jolly good show old chap!"

Just an example. Hope this helps :)

Edited by Herzog
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Herzog said:

I think there will be text chat. No one is forcing you to use a mic and although it will decrease the immersion of your gameplay not all RP games are spoken with the voice. Ive been in an Elder Scrolls Online RP guild for about 2 years now and we just type. Its a lot easier to type out your characters voice than try to mask it yourself.

*Herzog raises his pipe from his mouth before yelling*

"Jolly good show old chap!"

Just an example. Hope this helps :)

Ah okay, thanks for the reply.

18 hours ago, EvoDube said:

You can always roleplay as a mime. 

haha I'll think about that actually. 

There will for sure be text chat.  When the community allows private servers, mine will most likely be text only chat, besides for things like the PD radio or whatever.  We'll have to see how it actually will work.

Even if you can't use your voice to RP often, you can still use the chat box. Also let your actions speak for you. When you're RP-ing in D&D you need to talk and explain your actions because the majority of it is all verbal interaction. Identity will be more action based. Don't let a poor mic turn you of the game.

i used to do some RP in DayZ but my mic was shocking. I tried to use it as little as possible and still had a great time.

you can also mess around with the microphone's settings to reduce the amount of background noise it picks up. Just a quick search should help. For example:

Edited by AnSpailpinFanach

nothing breaks immersion like that creeper standing in front of you all still and mute like, then a text line pops up. .

Fail.

Not everyone can hear, and not everyone can speak. Yes there should be text chat.