Sign in to follow this  
Buckets

A thought about Official Servers and Trolling

Obviously there will be private servers such as RP ones with more rules and people to enforce them but, I'm thinking it would be harder to stop trolls on official servers, I don't think it'd be a good idea to have moderators enforce random killing or anything like that on official servers, people should do what they please but there's definitely things that can be done to straight destroy a server like in places with a lot of people such as towns or cities.

It seems they have a pretty well thought out system to reduce the amount of random killing in cities which I think is great.

But I'm curious as to what if someone buys a car just to smash into everyone and troll, whether it be running people over or wrecking other people's cars. I couldn't find anything about a system for that but I was just thinking about all the possible ideas people can do to troll such as: 

Mic spam ( I'm sure there will be a muting option ) 

Random killing ( I like the system they explained and am fine with dangers outside of cities/towns )

Vehicle trolling like smashing into people, cars, or anything to mess with someone ( Maybe they could make getting ran over by cars not take a whole lot of damage, not sure how it will go if someone smashes into your car, seems like it would be pretty annoying to deal with )

I can't think of any other ways to troll someone that would be really annoying.

It's not too big of a deal that people will try to mess with you outside of towns or cities, I think it's understandable and something you have to be ready for, but think of all the shit you could do while in a town where there will obviously be a lot of people all in one place, something would probably have to be done for vehicles, I know there's cops and whatnot but they can't always be there and obviously can only react to what people do, not really prevent it.

10 hours ago, Buckets said:

Obviously there will be private servers such as RP ones with more rules and people to enforce them but, I'm thinking it would be harder to stop trolls on official servers, I don't think it'd be a good idea to have moderators enforce random killing or anything like that on official servers, people should do what they please but there's definitely things that can be done to straight destroy a server like in places with a lot of people such as towns or cities.

Well I think the moderators will just be there to keep the peace, take bug reports and also ban those/ warn those people cheating/ exploiting or getting themselves an advantage in anyway possible.

But I'm curious as to what if someone buys a car just to smash into everyone and troll, whether it be running people over or wrecking other people's cars. I couldn't find anything about a system for that but I was just thinking about all the possible ideas people can do to troll such as: 

You will have to pay car insurance for your car and so if you get damaged in an accident it will be hopefully that the insurance kicks in on paying the damages. I am not entirely sure but that would be cool.

Mic spam ( I'm sure there will be a muting option ) 

Random killing ( I like the system they explained and am fine with dangers outside of cities/towns )

Vehicle trolling like smashing into people, cars, or anything to mess with someone ( Maybe they could make getting ran over by cars not take a whole lot of damage, not sure how it will go if someone smashes into your car, seems like it would be pretty annoying to deal with )

ok, it simplify things, No game mechanic or moderator can get rid of 100% of trolling issues, especially on the official servers and so thats why if you don't like the idea, find a community server to play on because they can deal with more and enforce a lot more things.

I believe this is something we've not seen so far. Trolls/Griefers like those you see in Altis Life etc could easily be the death of Identity because with social area's like bars/concert halls etc......an open pvp system would be insane. I'd imagine they'll use 'safe zones' or at the very least make pvp consensual. Identity with open pvp would just turn it into GTA Online, very quickly.

37 minutes ago, Jinx said:

social area's like bars/concert halls etc......an open pvp system would be insane. I'd imagine they'll use 'safe zones' or at the very least make pvp consensual.

The places you list (bars) are safe zones.. Guns are auto confiscated on entry and given back on exit. (community servers have the choice to turn the safe zones off/ hopefully choose where they are.)

Edited by JamesLuck01

9 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The places you list (bars) are safe zones.. Guns are auto confiscated on entry and given back on exit. (community servers have the choice to turn the safe zones off/ hopefully choose where they are.)

Even outside of the buildings, there's gonna be a lot of people, just imagine all the players trying to run people over on the official servers, you know it will happen, just straight up vehicle trolling by players, it's inevitable so there's gotta be some type of system to stop the trolling like that at least in cities.

9 hours ago, Jinx said:

I believe this is something we've not seen so far. Trolls/Griefers like those you see in Altis Life etc could easily be the death of Identity because with social area's like bars/concert halls etc......an open pvp system would be insane. I'd imagine they'll use 'safe zones' or at the very least make pvp consensual. Identity with open pvp would just turn it into GTA Online, very quickly.

I like their stress system they have for killing in cities and whatnot, but there's still gotta be something done with vehicles, hopefully insurance just does the trick, the amount of vehicle ramming and whatnot will probably be a whole lot, I mean something that can help it but not completely prevent it, I still do believe you should have complete freedom to do whatever on official servers kind of like GTA;

Edited by Buckets