Sign in to follow this  
RexProcer

Who will make the laws/rules?

This may go in the policing subforum, but this is a good spot for it too.  Will there will built in laws that cops will have to follow?  Who will determine these laws and how they are enforced.  For example, speed limit.  That's easy enough to put in game, but what about, say, having a gun on you in public/town square?  The grey areas as it were.  How is that going to be implemented so it will be uniform across every server/police officer?

Could be a lot of things really. The most straight forward method of enforcing laws and rules would simply be server set permissions, which is what many rp servers use today to separate classes and kits etc. Then there are rules which are enforced by the moderation team, usually which will be posted on the loading screen for the server. Alternatively rules and laws which wouldn't warrant being put on the loading screen, such as a curfew for example would maybe be set by a player elected government, or some form of chosen power. To what extent rules and laws will be enforced by game mechanics as opposed to role play is unknown at this time, obviously.

• Like 1

Asylum have hinted that criminals will be 'flagged' for committing certain crimes IF said crimes are witnessed and/or reported. Beyond that I would imagine that what Kickapoo stated will be the most likely scenario with server owners/admins setting out the laws, and with governments/law enforcement there to see they are implemented.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jinx said:

Asylum have hinted that criminals will be 'flagged' for committing certain crimes IF said crimes are witnessed and/or reported. Beyond that I would imagine that what Kickapoo stated will be the most likely scenario with server owners/admins setting out the laws, and with governments/law enforcement there to see they are implemented.

Yeah my issue is I don't go on their Twitter very often so I'll sometimes miss what the devs actually say :S 

I'm hoping the PD will be willing to RP and allow the government to hold power over them, but probably not and most likely it will be server admins who set the rules.

19 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

I'm hoping the PD will be willing to RP and allow the government to hold power over them, but probably not and most likely it will be server admins who set the rules.

For example, on the server we have planned: The owners will set the rules & the Admins will enforce those rules. The Government will set the laws & the Police will enforce the law, they are, or should be, two separate entities.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 7:31 AM, Jinx said:

For example, on the server we have planned: The owners will set the rules & the Admins will enforce those rules. The Government will set the laws & the Police will enforce the law, they are, or should be, two separate entities.

That makes sense. Rules are things that can get you kicked or banned. Laws are things where you will pay a fine/be arrested. That makes sense/