Sign in to follow this  
AlanB

Just my kind of place!

Hello!

My name is Alan, or Jordan. I stumbled upon this project when I was googling "altis life standalone" and from everything I have read it ultimately seems like my kind of gig. I take a lot of enjoyment out of RP and games where you have the liberty to move through its' folds as you wish.

When I came to the forums, I realized how many Canadians there actually were here and considering the fact I've been in a UK/EU Altis server for the past two years, this was a very welcome idea.

What is even better is that I intend to be moving to Kingston ON here soon due to work - I've been with the military now for almost three years - and I feel as if I'll be a bus ride away from most of the Canadian community here!

Edited by AlanB

Hello and Welcome to the Identity community!

Great to have you join us here in the wait and please use the FAQ and search bar to find answers that you need. If you need to just quote me and I will reply to your questions.

2 FAQ links in my signature at the bottom of all my posts, so please read them both and then search if there is a question not answered there already.

22 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Hello and Welcome to the Identity community!

Great to have you join us here in the wait and please use the FAQ and search bar to find answers that you need. If you need to just quote me and I will reply to your questions.

2 FAQ links in my signature at the bottom of all my posts, so please read them both and then search if there is a question not answered there already.

It might be a lot more personal to actually pay heed to the introductory post as opposed to using a copy-pasted response. It makes things very detached and makes those you "welcome" feel as if you're using them as a resource to make yourself look better. :P

Edited by AlanB

4 minutes ago, AlanB said:

It might be a lot more personal to actually pay heed to the introductory post as opposed to using a copy-pasted response. It makes things very impersonal and makes those you "welcome" feel as if you're using them as a resource to make yourself look better. :P

I did read every introduction post I posted on, I just have a standard part I add, which may not be necessary to some but best to be said otherwise. It also just reminds newer forum users there are FAQ's which could be helpful before posting. Also I know I copy paste the same thing but at the same time I do rush sometimes as because I am busy just as I am doing a reply. I also edit things but not straight away. For your particular post I generally ran out of likes because I liked too many posts in different areas. Sorry, for the same old stuff and I will try change it up next time.

10 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I did read every introduction post I posted on, I just have a standard part I add, which may not be necessary to some but best to be said otherwise. It also just reminds newer forum users there are FAQ's which could be helpful before posting. Also I know I copy paste the same thing but at the same time I do rush sometimes as because I am busy just as I am doing a reply. I also edit things but not straight away. For your particular post I generally ran out of likes because I liked too many posts in different areas. Sorry, for the same old stuff and I will try change it up next time.

It's okay, you really don't have to worry yourself too much over it. Most people won't think anything of it but with the amount of time I've spent in various support and administration roles, I have seen a lot of people using standardized messages that they post on introductory threads. Which is fine because it offers a lot of great resources for the player, but you end up sacrificing personality for utility. If your response consists of no more thought than it takes you to press CTRL+V, than perhaps you should wait until you are free enough to offer a decent "hello!" including (as an idea) questions about the individual that are directly related to a statement made in the original post.

8 minutes ago, AlanB said:

It's okay, you really don't have to worry yourself too much over it. Most people won't think anything of it but with the amount of time I've spent in various support and administration roles, I have seen a lot of people using standardized messages that they post on introductory threads. Which is fine because it offers a lot of great resources for the player, but you end up sacrificing personality for utility. If your response consists of no more thought than it takes you to press CTRL+V, than perhaps you should wait until you are free enough to offer a decent "hello!" including (as an idea) questions about the individual that are directly related to a statement made in the original post.

Yeah, thanks for the advice and I will be sure to do it, but at the same time I usually end up writing the same lines with what I have (hello and welcome part) but I could definitely add a few questions. https://gyazo.com/d8fd0ca881f521cb224ce9d7babef3bc