marleyisme

How Long?

I've been following this game for over a year now.

They haven't gotten anywhere (other then about 2 dozen player models and clothing)

The post under mine, a person was saying how the gameplay video/trailer hasn't come out yet!

When they first said "We're gonna be making a gameplay video!" I was hyped, now this seems like BS.

Now I'm not one of those people on the forums saying "the game is fake" but the game won't be released by early 2017.

It'll most likely be released late 2017 or even early 2018.

So I don't think their working on this game as hard as they said they were.

Their most likely working on their Arma 3 mod more then the video game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marleyisme said:

I've been following this game for over a year now.

They haven't gotten anywhere (other then about 2 dozen player models and clothing)

The post under mine, a person was saying how the gameplay video/trailer hasn't come out yet!

When they first said "We're gonna be making a gameplay video!" I was hyped, now this seems like BS.

Now I'm not one of those people on the forums saying "the game is fake" but the game won't be released by early 2017.

It'll most likely be released late 2017 or even early 2018.

So I don't think their working on this game as hard as they said they were.

Their most likely working on their Arma 3 mod more then the video game.

Sorry to be so rude and blunt but can you please search first before asking the most common question of all. It clutters the forum.

Now Hello and welcome, Here are some posts I would suggest reading. 

FAQ - This is the Devs FAQ.

Town square screenshots.

FAQ Extended - This is a FAQ which I made and update with other FAQ questions and answers as the Devs don't update their post.

Please read them all and feel free to ask me via a pm a question.

Edited by JamesLuck01

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Sorry to be so rude and blunt but can you please search first before asking the most common question of all. It clutters the forum.

Now Hello and welcome, Here are some posts I would suggest reading. 

FAQ - This is the Devs FAQ.

Town square screenshots.

FAQ Extended - This is a FAQ which I made and update with other FAQ questions and answers as the Devs don't update their post.

Please read them all and feel free to ask me via a pm a question.

Hes right thou James, Were not getting anything from them, Like in my previous post, they promised all these things... We didnt get any of them and now it feels like there slacking.... It may sounds harsh but as you can see im not the only person to think this.. Lets hope them being so quite brings something good for us or i really dont wanna waste my time here anymore

So first off you guys need to see that the dev team for this game is 12 or 15 people (about the same size as no mans sky)  This is also not a very known about game or very funded game with only just under $250k (not a lot keeping in mind that this is the type of budget that it would take to pay a dev team to make a phone app)  They are trying there best and have promised to keep working on the game even if they have to pay out of pocket (and my money is they are doing that right now)  They are also taking on a HUGE project with this for a small dev team.  Would I have liked to see more progress yes I would but they are doing the best they can to make this game become something that no one has ever seen before.  They have also stated for the game play that they dont feel the need to make a video right now because instead of making a video and spending a few hours recording, editing, and rendering they are spending that time working on the game to get it out even faster.

• Like 1

Regardless of the situation, it doesn't really help anyone to create multiple threads of the same subject. It's redundant. And if you don't want to waste your time here, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to be here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnMacklin said:

So first off you guys need to see that the dev team for this game is 12 or 15 people (about the same size as no mans sky)  This is also not a very known about game or very funded game with only just under $250k (not a lot keeping in mind that this is the type of budget that it would take to pay a dev team to make a phone app)  They are trying there best and have promised to keep working on the game even if they have to pay out of pocket (and my money is they are doing that right now)  They are also taking on a HUGE project with this for a small dev team.  Would I have liked to see more progress yes I would but they are doing the best they can to make this game become something that no one has ever seen before.  They have also stated for the game play that they dont feel the need to make a video right now because instead of making a video and spending a few hours recording, editing, and rendering they are spending that time working on the game to get it out even faster.

I'm pretty sure they have a lot less than 12 people and they have even stated that they are looking for programmers.

4 minutes ago, JohnMacklin said:

Yeah but some info from them would be nice instead of a "new" town square full of place holders... Just looks like theyve gone back to square one again, They used to be super active but now not so much, yes there a small team, but would it hurt to have just one person there keeping us up to date? Or finding a top poster on here to keep us all upto date? but no we get nothing / and its sad, We are all SUPER hype! and we get diddly squit! they say early 2017 but from what i can see it isnt even a game yet :/ Now i dont want to hate on these guys because it does look like it will be amazing, Just something from them would be nice, Go look at My Summer Car, Hes making that game all by him self and even he gives us more then these guys :/ I dont know im rambling, but come on

6 minutes ago, Vyndictus said:

Regardless of the situation, it doesn't really help anyone to create multiple threads of the same subject. It's redundant. And if you don't want to waste your time here, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to be here.

Well then someone from the team should look at there forums, See people are getting upset and do something about it then shouldn't they :)

4 minutes ago, Vyndictus said:

@Watson013 We're still here! Currently working on more facial features for character customization, and town square module!

Quoted from their twitter, as of 4 hours ago.

I love how thats someone else who thinks they have vanished #Kappa Nahh iknow there proberbly working there butts off to get this game to a playable point, But there just hasnt been much happening, Now i wish i could program games, I would help them for free if i could because this game will for sure be amazing

8 minutes ago, CurtisLee19941 said:

I love how thats someone else who thinks they have vanished #Kappa Nahh iknow there proberbly working there butts off to get this game to a playable point, But there just hasnt been much happening, Now i wish i could program games, I would help them for free if i could because this game will for sure be amazing

At least we are getting some communication, even if they are quick tweets. People just aren't looking in the right places. The team is very small, their community manager who updates the twitter and communicates with us also happens to be the 3D artist for Identity.

As for programming, there are resources ALL over the internet. There are cheap video courses on Udemy and Lynda that are great resources for learning or you could invest in some programming books. It takes a lot of time to learn and experiment with but can be quite fun and allows you to get creativity flowing. It's a skill that ANYBODY can pick up if they really put in the time and the effort.

Edited by Vyndictus

4 minutes ago, Vyndictus said:

At least we are getting some communication, even if they are quick tweets. People just aren't looking in the right places. The team is very small, their community manager who updates the twitter and communicates with us also happens to be the 3D artist for Identity.

As for programming, there are resources ALL over the internet. There are cheap video courses on Udemy and Lynda that area great resources for learning or you could invest in some programming books. It takes a lot of time to learn and experiment with but can be quite fun and allows you to get creativity flowing. It's a skill that ANYBODY can pick up if they really put in the time and the effort.

Ive actually thought about trying to make games, I did have a game plan wrote up etc and was going to pursue it... And then i found identity... they stole my idea ;) i joke they was here first haha!

I am a games designer myself. Working on a small project with a friend and hope to be going to uni to study. As @Vyndictus said, anyone can do it once you set your mind on it. Whether you go to uni or just read books all day, games design is a rewarding job and not just because if you can make a good game youll get a nice payout but because you can come up with the ideas and make the game how you want. Your dreams can become a game that everyone will love. If any of you are thinking of becoming a computer games designer then id say go for it and dont give up :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Roswell said:

I am a games designer myself. Working on a small project with a friend and hope to be going to uni to study. As @Vyndictus said, anyone can do it once you set your mind on it. Whether you go to uni or just read books all day, games design is a rewarding job and not just because if you can make a good game youll get a nice payout but because you can come up with the ideas and make the game how you want. Your dreams can become a game that everyone will love. If any of you are thinking of becoming a computer games designer then id say go for it and dont give up :) 

I am sorry I gave up, well I didn't like Uni or maybe I just been in education for too long, But I gave UP!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CurtisLee19941 said:

Hes right thou James, Were not getting anything from them, Like in my previous post, they promised all these things... We didnt get any of them and now it feels like there slacking.... It may sounds harsh but as you can see im not the only person to think this.. Lets hope them being so quite brings something good for us or i really dont wanna waste my time here anymore

I gave him, incentive to read FAQ stuff before posting because its annoying if the same post is here 24/7 it clogs up the search function and the forum. I just asked nicely for him to look and then feel free to ask away. Because clearly he did not search and didn't bother looking at stuff which is there to help those newbies. I didn't criticise his question, I gave him the answer as its in my FAQ post.

• Like 1

First of all, let's try to imagine the pressure. I'm sure by now that some of the 'big fish' have been sniffing around looking to get a piece of this pie, so they've got that to deal with. Identity is a great idea, established companies will be throwing out lures I'm sure, so the temptation to give in and join one of them must be massive.

Then there is funding, which lets face it, is not huge, to get this game off the ground more cash is going to have to come from somewhere, and soon, which leads us back to point one. But obviously if they go with an already established developer.....then many of their ideas, their vision, may never be realised.

Small budget, small team. As we are well aware, they're each taking on multiple jobs at once.

Yes they have made mistakes, in all honesty they probably launched kick starter too soon, their communication leaves much to be desired. But then again, if there is nothing to tell........

The ONLY solution now is patience, from EVERYONE. Identity will either see the light of day or it won't, and yes, it really IS that simple.

• Like 3

Post the same message on the different social media websites (twitter, facebook, forum) same topic with updates, problem solved nobody needs to search for news anymore. Not a message on twitter but that is not on facebook, everywhere the same message.

Update it weekly or monthly even if it is a short message and then nobody needs to search or complain hopefully. 

And there is always a possibility the game will never be made. Making in investment / backing a game does not mean it will actually happen. But the devs are still answering messages, posting little messages so there is still a lot of hope. 

Example game called Northern Shadows..... last update about the game was 16-7-2015!!  

But yes the devs can do more in giving information, to get more backers, to keep the fans happy. But it is not like this game is death ! 

• Like 1