Sign in to follow this  
ChillBilly

Important Tips for Player Governments

Hey Guys,

Here are a few tips for you if you are looking to create political parties.

First start with something you know and adapt game knowledge to it. Usually you can do this by watching movies and a youtube series on politics. Politics for Dummies is a great place to start.

Second, Do NOT over expand. A lot of people that try to create political parties want to expand wider and wider. This is a bad thing to do. Start Small. Keep in the back of your mind that politics in games never work out for the best interest of everyone. Not to mention they often fail and fall apart before they can do any good.

Third, choose something easy to work with. Do not worry with cabinet members, or secretaries. Keep it small to a number of 3 or less people at the start.

Fourth, Do NOT give up. The first moment you let someone else take the reigns of your creation, you have lost the war. Your dream will be gone, and there will be no resurrection of your dead political party.

----------

Q: What political parties work?

A: Dictatorships. Explanation: Dictatorships work because they do not rely on other people who can often times be unreliable.

Q: Should we attempt an American Congress (American Politics)?

A: No. Not only will you fail miserably, you will establish hate for your character.

Q: What about any other country's government?

A: The only government system I have known to work was a British Parliament. It worked for about 8 months on an Altis Server (It has since shutdown, ie, could not find the name) Essentially they built a voting system for law changes in the game. It worked for a long time considering the nature of servers.

Q: Where have you seen a Dictatorship work?

A: I've seen Staff on many servers become dictators, or were already dictators. Dictatorship establishes discipline and respect. It's only when you shy back from the dictatorship and allow for more democracy when it fails, and your community fails. Pick something and stick with it.

Q: From where do you have your knowledge?

A: Come on guys.. Let's face it, we're all Arma 3 life aficionados. All of my knowledge comes from failed systems and servers.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:36 PM, EyeKey said:

I think another good tip is, read all info on the current parties, and don't try to just go and start one if you are going to have a lot of the same views.

Has it been defined if the government was a democracy? Because if it isn't a democracy voting won't matter.

On 6/17/2016 at 10:54 AM, ChillBilly said:

Edited by EyeKey

On 17/06/2016 at 5:50 PM, EyeKey said:

I do believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that on twitter they said we get vote who we want to be governor on the servers.

That's Correct, they said that :)