Sign in to follow this  
lamona

The newsletter

So we've got confirmation that nobody is working on this full time, and they're depending on more sales and people buying the garbage they have in the store. Otherwise they're functionally out of money and have mostly moved on to other things. Great!

I think the most galling part, though, has to be this:

"One of our primary reasons for releasing modules during development was to account for crowdfunding requirements. Having met those demands with the release of Town Square, we no longer have such an obligation and can explore new options."

Are they trying to be funny? They have not come CLOSE to fulfilling their obligations for the Kickstarter. In fact, they've actually failed to deliver on the Kickstarter not only in duration (it's been over twice as long to get a full beta and we're not even close), but also through the release of the modules themselves, something they promised they wouldn't do. 

I have to say I don't appreciate the dismissive tone of the newsletter at all, it's like Paratus seriously cannot grasp how far gone this is. Trickling out features with NOBODY working on it full time and with no roadmap to change that is a surefire way for this to bleed out and die. But maybe that's already inevitable, given the status update.

Edit: Gotta say, there's something off about this Furballs thing appearing out of the ether, with John being the only name attached to this "Phony Games". 😒

Edited by lamona
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

i do not trust ANY word of this newsletter. Asking for more money after all this shit is just a joke.

they do not give a fuck about us nearly a year. They could say anything in this news months ago, its not that hard to write some words to your community.

the game will not be ready in 20 years with that pace. What we got is just a joke and never a work of a few years.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Like 1