Sign in to follow this  
natjoe19

Steam Verification

I've been seeing a lot of "two weeks MINIMUM" time for the game to get verified after it's published. I'm curious where that information is coming from because what I'm looking at says it would be two business weeks maximum. In all honesty it should be much less than that. Publishing the page would take next to no time (copy and pasting the text and image from the website), and I don't see why that already isn't done already/a long time ago (maybe when beach was still here). The game review process should be the only thing that takes an amount of time after the 31st, but again the requirements for the game are really relaxed (basically the .exe has to run and that's it) and I've seen games that don't even launch properly be sold. Personally I see all of this two weeks minimum stuff as just another last-ditch effort in creating time. Source for steam publishing time here.

32 minutes ago, natjoe19 said:

I've been seeing a lot of "two weeks MINIMUM" time for the game to get verified after it's published. I'm curious where that information is coming from because what I'm looking at says it would be two business weeks maximum. In all honesty it should be much less than that. Publishing the page would take next to no time (copy and pasting the text and image from the website), and I don't see why that already isn't done already/a long time ago (maybe when beach was still here). The game review process should be the only thing that takes an amount of time after the 31st, but again the requirements for the game are really relaxed (basically the .exe has to run and that's it) and I've seen games that don't even launch properly be sold. Personally I see all of this two weeks minimum stuff as just another last-ditch effort in creating time. Source for steam publishing time here.

once a storepage goes online there must be a two week gap between the release of that game, now I know the review process doesn't take long but there is always the chance that it does take longer, that's why I usually say a minimum waiting period of two weeks. on the off chance the review process takes up longer than expected.

https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect

read 6.2

Edited by dagtag
  • Like 1

The steam store page will be published before the end of October they must wait at least 2 weeks before making it available for download / purchase.

but oh well, October is almost over and there doesn't seem to be much progress lmao.

2 hours ago, Lonny said:

The steam store page will be published before the end of October they must wait at least 2 weeks before making it available for download / purchase.

but oh well, October is almost over and there doesn't seem to be much progress lmao.

Well good thing there is still 3 business days left of the month, and it was stated "by the END of the MONTH" not sure what progress there is to seem? It's either posted or its not by the end of the month, there is no in between progress that you would see.

• Like 1