Sign in to follow this  
ColonelKimmers

Da Introduction

Hello, my name is Da - also known as Colonel Kimmers (Most likely gonna have to come up with something more realistic for my in-game persona).

I was born and raised in Canada and I'm currently 17 years old. I've been some-what following Identity for around a year or so after hearing about its presence on social media along with various ArmA communities. I am so proud about the fact that Identity is being headquartered in Ottawa because I love my country.

I was basically a born and raised PC gamer, started at the age of 3 when my family got our first desktop PC, at 9 I got my first laptop, at 13 I got my first personal PC, at 14 I got my second personal PC, and at 15 I got a new laptop and built my own PC for the first time. Although currently working in a retail store (some of which has me selling electronics), I'm also in a cooperative education program/side job at an internet service provider company that also has business in selling computer parts, 3d printers, LAN tournaments, and most things tech. I've taught myself programming (starting at Lua in grade 5, JavaScript (please don't hate me) in grade 8, Python later in that same yaer, and currently learning C++ and C# basics on my own time). I made a couple games for me and my school friends back in elementary school, but I wouldn't dare to share them with the world or put them in a portfolio. I would definitely be interested in creating mods for Identity if they come to a decision soon of mod support (however I doubt they will for a few years) but that would also depend on the language used.

My experience with ArmA started at the age of 9 when my cousin got me a copy of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and I was absolutely amazed by the engine and everything in it. After experimenting with game modes like Paintball, Capture the Island, I found that Life Sims were the most fun because of how close you can get with the community. Once I discovered ArmA 2, I immediately sank a thousand hours total in Takistan Life along with Island Life. I've been apart of many communities throughout the years and my favourite part about it is getting to know everyone.

I plan on getting my CCNA, A+, and MCSA certifications soon in 2019. My love for computer science has evolved more into a love of computer engineering; not just building computers but more of servers and networking them together. Although I've got no plans of setting up a private server (seems like there is too much competition assuming most of them actually have the hardware/services and aren't relying on the charity of others - I would rather be a player to enjoy the game than manage a community, but that may change depending how 'into it' I get with this game) I would definitely like to see how my Dell R710 with 2 Xeon E5660s and 48GB of ram handle a full server.

When the game is officially released, I'd like to start an in-game business that has something relating to tech because I'd probably would never be able to do it in real life. Or maybe I'd make meth. Whatever comes first.

However in the meanwhile, I look forward to meeting all of you in the Town Square module and I am definitely looking to make some friends to play with in the North America East Coast region. Feel free to approach me if you see me in game, I'd definitely love to get to know you and have a good time together.

If you any of you guys would like to reach out to me/make plans together for the upcoming module(s);

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nightmare754/

Discord: Da Best#0032