Miki_Chee

Dancing Skill Tree

Heyy i cant remember if you guys said you were having skill trees.

one thing i thought of, is a dancing skill tree where you could go to a dance class or something to learn more moves and within that you could have a dance mini game with a button sequence of clicking the right combinations at the right time. then maybe once you got a few dance moves you could go out on the street and use them moves, and maybe even have dance battles or something.

• Like 1

But the more you dance the more skill points you could get to go towards more dance moves that you might unlock the higher your Dance lvl is

It will be a MoCap studio hell for the devs. Creating a few dance moves and adding them to the game would already be nice. Rest of this makes sense only as a part of an update after release or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, QurWinter said:

It will be a MoCap studio hell for the devs. Creating a few dance moves and adding them to the game would already be nice. Rest of this makes sense only as a part of an update after release or something like that. 

There are websites with free mocap animations that anyone can use.. 

1 hour ago, Miki_Chee said:

There are websites with free mocap animations that anyone can use.. 

If they are licensed to be used in commercial purposes, then it's ok. But you still need to polish them and do a lot of scripting to implement in game. 

2 minutes ago, QurWinter said:

If they are licensed to be used in commercial purposes, then it's ok. But you still need to polish them and do a lot of scripting to implement in game. 

They are Licensed and im talking about sites like Mixamo that release thousands of animations for game designers to use. Which are all mocap and have already been polished. 

Hi, name's Scripting. I'm still here xD

But if be serious, it simplifies a lot and maybe we'll see more groovy moves in the game than expected.

Hi, name's Scripting. I'm still here xD

But if be serious, it simplifies a lot and maybe we'll see more groovy moves in the game than expected.

they are useing the unreal engine 4 Which.. to be honest you don't need to know a bar of scripting to make games in that since they use node base scripting now which is made easy so almost anyone can make a game. 

But i guess to some extant it wouldn't cover everything, and some minor scripting would need to be done to cover more complexed things. But the way ive seen this is nothing they are gonna make is over complected. it seems to be quite simple things. that wouldn't take much to nut out the mechanics of things.

Maybe creating a dance minigame is not so hard, but making another skill tree isn't that simple. The combination of these two gives us a decent amount of work to be done (not so hard, but still decent). Let's just hope we can get at least one of these things that were said here, ok?

Edited by QurWinter

Maybe creating a dance minigame is not so hard, but making another skill tree isn't that simple. The combination of these two gives us a decent amount of work to be done (not so hard, but still decent).

That is true but at the same time the way the mechanics for something like that would work.. if you got the base of the skill  trees codeing down pat. you could apply it to any kind of thing.

the way a skill tree or something like that would work, would be you would have a % bar and when the % hits 100, you would gain a lvl related to whatever that skill is. once you gain a lvl it would make them new dance moves unlockable/accesable and for example say you get 5 points for every lvl you gain in that skill. and a new dance might cost 6? then you would need to get 2 lvl ups by gaining the experience you get from taking the dance class or what ever. 

i dunno if that makes sense im terrible at explaining things.

but the commen knowledge i have for understanding scripting i can see how it would be possible to make something like that. and going from past experiences it would only take me an afternoon to nut out a sequence of node scripting to make an idea work in a game.

i dont know anything about writting a script from scratch but when it comes to node based scripting it makes things so simple.. its just a matter of nutting out the idea and thinking about techniques that would work for making that particular feature work.

Unreal engine 4 has almost everything you need for scripting and you dont need to write anything. 

And there are also Blueprints to things you could use to your advantage to help you understand the mechanics. 

everything is possible and no one should be intimidated by scripting.  there are ways to work things out even without writting your own scripting.

We dont know exactly how the skill trees would look like, their structure and stuff, so let's not discuss it. I agree with you on the fact that UE4 makes this crap a lot easier for developers, but not anymore.

On 4/18/2016 at 9:33 PM, Miki_Chee said:

Heyy i cant remember if you guys said you were having skill trees.

one thing i thought of, is a dancing skill tree where you could go to a dance class or something to learn more moves and within that you could have a dance mini game with a button sequence of clicking the right combinations at the right time. then maybe once you got a few dance moves you could go out on the street and use them moves, and maybe even have dance battles or something.

Sounds like a great idea, and like in GTA:SA have a dancing activity at nightclubs, and at parties, maybe also slow dances with someone you like, at home, at a public place, also maybe cheerleading for high school and college students to do, (if they want to) maybe that's going a lil too far, but whatever...