Sign in to follow this  
Theezakj

Funding of the game?

Hello all,

I was just wondering about this topic lately, and i think it s a justified "concern", which probably other people also have had before.

Let's say the developers will get to the middle of module 2, but suddenly they don't get new pledges, the money doesn't flow in as "easily" as it is doing now. Will the game just be dropped and the employees will have to simply find a new job? Or how are the devs thinking to take care of this problem? will they all work for free?( which i guess they wont, some of them got families to feed, for example jade.)

I know they already got a good amount of money pledged to the game (1.25M), but they are also developing this game already for 3 years. My bet would be that a good amount of the money is used already to pay employees, but they also moved in a real office building since some time, which also costs money every month. I also understand that the devs won't communicate about their financial side of asylum entertainment, but i have been asking myself this question lately and i really wouldn't wanna see the game being dropped in the middle of development! 

Hoping i (and other fans) could get a decent answer on this!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Theezakj said:

Hello all,

I was just wondering about this topic lately, and i think it s a justified "concern", which probably other people also have had before.

Let's say the developers will get to the middle of module 2, but suddenly they don't get new pledges, the money doesn't flow in as "easily" as it is doing now. Will the game just be dropped and the employees will have to simply find a new job? Or how are the devs thinking to take care of this problem? will they all work for free?( which i guess they wont, some of them got families to feed, for example jade.)

I know they already got a good amount of money pledged to the game (1.25M), but they are also developing this game already for 3 years. My bet would be that a good amount of the money is used already to pay employees, but they also moved in a real office building since some time, which also costs money every month. I also understand that the devs won't communicate about their financial side of asylum entertainment, but i have been asking myself this question lately and i really wouldn't wanna see the game being dropped in the middle of development! 

Hoping i (and other fans) could get a decent answer on this!

Cheers!

Well they have investors and so that is something and also I am pretty sure this project is something they won't just drop.

ofcourse they wont "just drop" it out of nothing, im confident they would try everything to save the game, but if funding isn't coming in anymore...

You're also saying they got investors. that's offcourse one way to keep the development going, but they might show results to investors:p investors invest to make money:p