So, i know backpacks will be in the game but will i be able to use a purse instead?? I hate backpacks and also since purses are already confirmed i can't see why not.

If I'm not mistaken they're still debating whether they should make backpacks even have a purpose, or if they should just be cosmetic. Hopefully you can actually put stuff in them.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:03 PM, GeeBoMac said:

If I'm not mistaken they're still debating whether they should make backpacks even have a purpose, or if they should just be cosmetic. Hopefully you can actually put stuff in them.

Well if they do serve a purpose i, as a female, would like to go around not looking like a school girl or a firewatch

• Like 2

Tbh hope backpacks will be only cosmetic or for only tiny inventory extra space, it would be shit, and immersion breaking seeing EVERYONE with backpacks, including cops and stuff, just so they can store more shit, happens in arma mods already and it ruins it.

• Like 3

Our concern with backpacks relates back to our Altis Life mod in ArmA 3, where a backpack is an essential piece of equipment necessary for being able to hold anything in the characters inventory. We hate that you have to have a backpack in that game to be able to carry anything, and we hate that every person you encounter is wearing a bulky, ugly backpack. For us, it's immersion breaking.

In Identity, we don't want players to have to wear something that affects the appearance of their character at all times. We want you to be in control of the appearance of YOUR character, and to look exactly how you want people to perceive you.

You may still see backpacks being worn in Identity to indicate to other players that you are carrying illegal items. We haven't quite settled on this yet.

• Like 1

It depends if you want a real life game or not, let's not make a game like GTA when you take a bazooka out of your pocket, it's ridiculous, maybe we can take an example on games like DayZ, each clothes you have - gives you an exact number of space to put your items. So having a backpack isn't always cool and "swag", but it's useful.

• Like 1